GT500 vs. GT500

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Me and my buddy. Both 2008 GT500s with pulley, intake and tune but my buddy also has 4.10s and an off-road X-pipe. Car in video is mine, camera car is my buddy's. 60-140 roll. He definitely pulled on me in the beginning but toward the end I was at his bumper and we were pretty dead even till we shut down. I have an off-road X-Pipe waiting to get installed and really want gears now.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0Aa5N-iNQ"]YouTube - ‪GT500 vs GT500‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I wouldn't do 4.10's or an O/R X, but I dont drive a GT500 either so? But I did have 4.10's in my 99 GT and I was over 3000rpms at 80 mph which made highway travel suck! My exhaust was loud so I could barely hear the radio or talk to anybody on the phone. I put an O/R X on my last cobra that had a SLP C/B and that came off within days, would have been off sooner, but I just didn't feel like getting under the car again. Save your money and put a whipple on that thing, your car will sound better and your buddy will never catch you!

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
I guess its a little different with a 6 speed compared to a 5 speed. And the O/R X on my old cobra more than likely sounded awful because of the catback I was running.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I wouldn't do 4.10's or an O/R X, but I dont drive a GT500 either so? But I did have 4.10's in my 99 GT and I was over 3000rpms at 80 mph which made highway travel suck! My exhaust was loud so I could barely hear the radio or talk to anybody on the phone. I put an O/R X on my last cobra that had a SLP C/B and that came off within days, would have been off sooner, but I just didn't feel like getting under the car again. Save your money and put a whipple on that thing, your car will sound better and your buddy will never catch you!

I already have loud ass mufflers (Borla Stingers) so Im curious to see how it sounds with an o/r X-pipe. I really wanted an h-pipe but got a good deal on this x. Should be getting a beater soon so that'll help. I want the TVS blower so badly. I will get that eventually.

I run 4.10s

Wouldn't go anything less. :rockon:

By buddy loves his. I'm prolly going with 3.73s tho.

WoooW the gears made a huge difference !!!

Yeah they did!!

Your car is absolutely beautiful, BTW. I wanted that color scheme.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
you have the 3:31 stock right. I would have thought he would have constantly walked away from you. Wit the same mods and the O/R X pipe with gears he should have at least put a few cars on you.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
you have the 3:31 stock right. I would have thought he would have constantly walked away from you. Wit the same mods and the O/R X pipe with gears he should have at least put a few cars on you.

Yep, stock 3.31s. I thought the same thing too, but after about 100mph he stopped pulling and I stayed with him. My car is better, I knew it :pepper:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Were gonna do a 40 roll at my request. He agreed, apprehensively. How do you guys think that will turn out?

tktlwyr

Established Member
I'm guessing that your friend's 3rd shift put him into 5th with the 4.10s? Remember, that is an overdrive gear and that seems where his pull stopped.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I'm guessing that your friend's 3rd shift put him into 5th with the 4.10s? Remember, that is an overdrive gear and that seems where his pull stopped.

Yes, exactly. I believe that's what he said also, that he stopped pulling in 5th. That makes sense, great point.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I guess its a little different with a 6 speed compared to a 5 speed. And the O/R X on my old cobra more than likely sounded awful because of the catback I was running.

differences between 6sp and 5sp are a HUGE..... in my Camaro in 6th @ 60 it was almost "lugging" - something like 1700 rpms with 4.10's. Mach not so much- It was just over 2grand @ 60 with the 5sp.

I think your the first person I seen say they hate SLP..... after having several different CB's to include SLP, Magnaflow, Flowbastards, and Cherry Bombs- I personally think Maggies are the best sound with SLP being a close second. Flowbastards are the worst for drone. Couldn't stand them.... but to each their own. What are you running now?

Users who are viewing this thread