gt500 vs the world

roxas4620

Established Member
I posted a while back when I raced an m4 when I was stock since than I had a 2.5 pulley, intake, and exhaust with a dyno tune installed from archangel. I couldn't have been happier with the results I'm putting 550 hp and 570 tq to the wheels. Anyways on to the races....
Race 1 vs 2014 zl1 auto stock
Local guy from my town I have seen him drive around alot but could never catch him on the streets till about a month ago. I met him at the car wash, he went on about how he beat other camaros, 13-14 gt500's, blah blah blah. So we hit the empty highway from a 50 roll he honks three times and I pull two bus lengths on him. We go from a dig, I stay about half a car length on him from first to second and when I finally get traction proceed to destroy him.
Race 2 vs 2009 cts-v auto stock
Again another car I see driving around town he pulls up while me and my friends are chilling at the carwash. He asks to run and I gladly accept so we hit the highway at a 30 roll. I honk it off and spin a little but pull a half length and when I hit third proceed to pull bus lengths. He also wants to do a dig on the way back so I honk it off and basically the same story as the zl1 with me pulling buses when I hit third.
Race 3 13-14 5.0 6 speed full bolt ons
Met this guy at a race spot. I was a little nervous because it was an 1/8 mile spot and I wasn't sure how well I was going to hook up. Anyway we pull up to the start, his buddy flags it off we take off and we both are spinning pretty good I slam it into 2nd and by the middle of 3rd I have about a car length on him. He did alot better than the v and the zl1.
Race 4 bmw I'm not sure what model I know it's a twin turbo 6 cylinder modded to 500 to the wheels. Auto
I've become pretty good friends with the guy he wanted to run as we both had just got done with our mods. We do a 45 roll and he honks it off. We hit it we are pretty even and I start pulling at about 110 and shut it down at 140 with a car length on him. I was really glad to beat him as he beat me when I was stock.
Race 5 c6 ls3, heads,cam, 6 speed, like 450 to wheels
Raced him on the highway going to a race spot we do about a 40 roll and he honks it off we both hit I shift into 3rd and he pulls a car on me and it stays like that to 140 when we both shut it down. We get to the spot and he tells me his mods so I don't feel as bad lol hey you can't win them all.
It's pretty cold now so anymore races will probably be next year :( sad day

Jmurrz

Established Member
Sounds like you got some nice kills! I am always impressed at how fast those bolt on LS3 cars are, no shame in losing to one from a roll especially.

ramstein

Established Member
Good kills, ls3 c6 making 450 seems a bit low even for a cam only car.

clc44

Established Member
I would think 500ish at the wheels. Heavily bolt on coyote can make upper 400's without cams and head work. Good kills!

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Heads/cam ls3 c6 only made 450? I had one with just a cam and stock heads and made 467. A lot of them with head work make 500+ but good runs anyway

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Good runs! Wish I could get anywhere close to that much action. It'd take 5 yrs to run that many times here. The law has all but wiped out all of the "spots" we had.

That ls3 might've been dynod on a Mustang dyno. There's no way a healthy ls3 with heads/cam will dyno under 500. My friends 08 ls3 dynod 490 with just cam, longtubes and tune.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Nice kills and sounded like a good run regardless with the C6. What year GT500?

Kernsx21x

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I know the c6 you're talking about. Jet Stream Blue 2008 base model? If so its bolt ons and cam. No head work

Users who are viewing this thread