Guages vs. SCT Livewire Programmer/Monitor

Jkay98

Established Member
So am looking to get a SCT programmer for my Cobra so I can finally get a tune on it. While looking at them I seen the SCT Livewire programmer / monitor for $200 more then the SCT X4/SF4.
So this got me thinking, a lot of people like to have A/F and temp gauges added why couldn't I just use the Livewire as my gauge. I tried to find a list of gauges that it will monitor/display but I couldn't find anything, although I didn't search too long.
I am thinking would it be worth it to spend the extra cash on the Livewire and find a good location to mount it vs. spending who knows how much on gauges then having to hook them?
I am looking for opinions or if anyone else has bought the livewire and can let me know what all monitors are available.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Dunno much about the livewire bit have been doing a lot of research on widebands. Even with the livewire you'll still need a wideband and controller to get AFR since the stock computer only uses narrow bands. Can get something like an Innovate LC2 without a gauge for around $125 and use the livewire assuming it has an analog input. Also I don't believe you can show boost either without an aftermarket MAP sensor.

Jkay98

Established Member
Well since I didn't get any feed back here, I did some more research and stumbled upon a thread where people use an app like Torque Pro or OBD Fusion with an wireless obd2 dongle.
I figured for how little I drive the car I really didn't need the livewire or iTSX so I went with the SCT X4/SF4. if I want to monitor anything I will just spend the $5-10 for an app and buy an OBD2 dongle on amazon for around $20.
Down the road if I need to monitor my A/F ratio ill just have to get a gage.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Well since I didn't get any feed back here, I did some more research and stumbled upon a thread where people use an app like Torque Pro or OBD Fusion with an wireless obd2 dongle.

this is the route I am going to try...I just have to set up the Torque app

black 10th vert

Established Member
I run the dual Aeroforce gauges and love them. I can see nearly all the computer parameters i want.

Same here. Those gauges rock! I have the Aeroforce gauges in a cluster bezel around the regular gauges, then have a SOS pillar pod with 2 Speedhut gauges (boost/vac and wideband A/F). Between those 4 gauges there isn't anything I can't monitor.

braindontstop31

Established Member
AEM 30-2310 in-line wideband/sensor. These sale for about $200. Comes with a great 02 sensor and the controller is very small. You can use the
analog output .5~4.5vdc to your SCT X3 or X4 tuner or run it to a gauge like speed hut. Just make sure the speed hut gauge is the for AEM .5~4.5vdc.

Users who are viewing this thread