Guess my hp/tq #'s

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The uncorrected is easy to calculate, just take the dyno number and divide by 1.21 (that's the 21% factor from the sheet)

497/1.21 = 411rwhp
515/1.21 = 426rwtq

That's the reason you want to go get those timeslips at sea level tracks like HRP, ATCO, Cecil....etc. Bandimere is not the place lol

Right. Those numbers don't seem too off I guess. lmao yeah I won't be trying to set any records up there. It's crazy there are cars making 1000+whp out here. There was a 1500hp shelby at the shop. I can't imagine how it runs near sea level.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Right. Those numbers don't seem too off I guess. lmao yeah I won't be trying to set any records up there. It's crazy there are cars making 1000+whp out here. There was a 1500hp shelby at the shop. I can't imagine how it runs near sea level.

It's a significant difference being sea level.....well, as long as it's not 95 and 90% humidity like the 5 month summer. I'd rather be in Denver....I think the car would too lol. But yes, right now, in winter...this is the time of year you see really fast times and maybe a record fall

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Exactly, numbers aren't that important to me unless they imply bad news.

Car runs great and I don't beat the crap out of it. I'm hoping the 12/1 afr isn't going to be an issue though.

Its probably just fine, TB....but it never hurts to have a quality wideband on the car that you can log yourself out on the roads. It's a good investment and allows you to communicate data with your tuner if need be

01yellercobra

Established Member
How much of a difference are we talking about? I know it varies. Just trying to decide if it's worth adjusting the afr or if I'll be alright if I don't bounce it off redline all day everyday.
I want to say about half a point. Give or take. Either way, as c6zhombre said, I'd get a good wideband so you can keep an eye on things.

Users who are viewing this thread