Guess my Numbers

Speeders

Established Member
Was wondering if anyone could throw me some number I should be looking at with my mods

2003 Cobra
3.4 Whipple running E-85
Kooks long tube headers
Full E-85 return fuel system
Fore triple fuel pump hat
Fore fuel rails
JLT carbon fiber CAI
JLT catch can
True Forged coolant tanks
AFCO heat exchanger
MDM zone 5 FPDM
UPR front coilovers
CC plates
H&R rear springs
Fuel pressure regulator
170* Reische stat
head cooling mod
Accufab tb
80lb FRPP injectors
o/r x pipe
Magnaflow catback system
polished coil covers
UPR triple hook aluminum quadrant
3.8" RR upper w/ stock lower
full length subframe connectors
full irs diff cover brace
3.55 gears

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Speeders

Established Member
Sounds like a nice ride.

I'd guess high 600s maybe 700 rwhp with tq being 40 or so less?

I'm hoping. Having a tune problem right now. Taking it to the dyno sometime this week and getting a street tune on it with 93 and see how she does.
d2f184017641f0f929f68471266420f0.jpg

GodStang

Established Member

Speeders

Established Member
A lot of tuners have issues with the MDM. Reason I only ran it for like 20 miles.

I got close to 800 on E85 and injectors with plenty of room.

Bought the car over the weekend and on the way home my #2 fuel pump wires running to the MDM box started burning and I had to unplug them. I'm not sure what would cause that? Anyone know much about them

ctgreddy

Established Member
I dont know anything about the mdm, never heard of it. at my work we use black306 if guys insist on staying returnless. Your setup you should deff consider going return. With the 3.8 upper what are you expecting for boost? I'm gonna guess around 20-21lbs which would put my power guesses at low 700's on e85.

Edit, i see you say you have return, what's the need for the modified fpdm?

braindontstop31

Established Member
You don't need the MDM with a return system, just use relays to power the pumps.

And with you mods listed on E-85 you should be 725 to 750whp.

Last edited:

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I made 675 hp on 93 with a 4" upper stock lower at 19 psi, I'm guessing somewhere around 700hp.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice numbers, how much boost?. I'd be interested in seeing if there is a noticeable difference down low compared to a little 2.3 running 20+lbs. Would be cool seeing a run between these two on a 40 mph roll.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice numbers, how much boost?. I'd be interested in seeing if there is a noticeable difference down low compared to a little 2.3 running 20+lbs. Would be cool seeing a run between these two on a 40 mph roll.

That's an interesting question, Brady. The HP is definitely stronger....but the TQ is probably in line with what a solid E85 2.3 blower 22psi would make. I'd say this car should still pull away with that top end HP advantage.

But where as 17psi isn't exactly the "sweet spot" for a 2.3....22psi isn't really pushing a 3.4 at all. That blower wants to run 28psi. Game over....2.3 blower long tapped out and the 3.4 would be in monster status zip code.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's an interesting question, Brady. The HP is definitely stronger....but the TQ is probably in line with what a solid E85 2.3 blower 22psi would make. I'd say this car should still pull away with that top end HP advantage.

But where as 17psi isn't exactly the "sweet spot" for a 2.3....22psi isn't really pushing a 3.4 at all. That blower wants to run 28psi. Game over....2.3 blower long tapped out and the 3.4 would be in monster status zip code.

I'm just curious if the rpms ramp up as fast as a little 2.3? The 3.4 at 20 psi or less I would think would be harder to spin. Just a conversation starter.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Also curious on boost. I have a very similar setup except for a crusher and 3.5 upper, was really only hoping for 23ish pounds but if you made 740 on a 3.8/standard inlet I'm assuming it made some decent boost levels.

Users who are viewing this thread