Guess Who's Joining The Ranks?

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Some of you know I hoped to go back into the Air Force and into EOD/Bomb Squad. Unfortunately, that was a no-go. They did offer me Intel but that's not what I'm looking for. But some time ago it hit me -- SECURITY FORCES (aka Military Police)! :idea:

So, after taking the MEPS physical again and going through the motions here I am -- 48 hours away from swearing into the Air National Guard under Security Forces/Police. :thumbsup:

My uncle is an Air Force SP under Combat Arms, which is where I hope to be within 2 years. With any luck I'll have the opportunity to enter SWAT training down the line. I'll be under AGR - ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE which basically means active duty security forces. :-D

I really want the hot zones! Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq/Kuwait, Incirik (Turkey). It actually hurts me to see others serving their country in these places while I'm sitting in a classroom and nice house. I want to protect our people as much as I can. And, hey, better me over there -- single, no kids -- than some poor Airman with a family back home.

I'm looking to ship to Sec-Forces Training (Lackland AFB and Camp Bollis) as soon as this semester is over. I'll know the available dates this Saturday but I speak to my professors tomorrow to see if I can possibly wrap up the semester's assignments/exams early so I can ship sooner than mid-December. I'll be wrapping my Bachelor's on-line at the Univ. of Phoenix - hey, academia is still important.

So, after missing the uniform like crazy I'm finally going back. Best part is I'm going back feeling like I can actually contribute something as a Security Police Officer. You guys don't know this but you actually helped me with my choice to go this route. I admire you guys. I'll keep everyone posted and feel free to offer your advice -- I'd appreciate it.

:beer: WHOO-HOO!! Man, this is the happiest I've been in a long time. And, Ben, if I ever find myself at Homestead and see you on base speeding I will write you a ticket...lol ( :-D j/k bro)

GoatDaddy

SP? SP????? Z. Brother. How could you have stooped so low?
(sigh) just remember that the beret is blue, not black.

Seriously: GOOD LUCK!!

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by zzzzzer
Best part is I'm going back feeling like I can actually contribute something as a Security Police Officer.

Yep, SP's are good comic relief. (j/k:beer: )

zzzzzer

Established Member
Thanks, sbro! :beer:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 50, you sound like the ANG recruiter. When I turned down Intel but later called about SP he said "You sure about that?" That seems to be everyone's attitude :shrug: but I listened to other people the first time I served and ended up riding a desk for four years under Contracting/Purchasing.

I know all about the reputation of SP/MP's but I made an 82 on the ASVAB years back. Still, this is what I want (next to EOD anyway). Go figure.............but you're right about providing good comic relief...lmao :lol1:

Last edited:

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by zzzzzer
Thanks, sbro! :beer:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 50, you sound like the ANG recruiter. When I turned down Intel but later called about SP he said "You sure about that?" That seems to be everyone's attitude :shrug: lol1:

Just messing with you, although I would choke myself with an iguana before voluntarily becoming an SP....

Did you consider TACP? We had guard units. Probably too late now.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Thanks Hillie. :beer: Thanks SNC. :beer:

Originally posted by snail50
Just messing with you, although I would choke myself with an iguana before voluntarily becoming an SP....
:lol: I hear ya', man. Trust me, I never thought I'd go into Security Forces but it turns out they're a lot more military/deployment oriented which is what I wanted.

I thought about TACP and other SpecOp fields but after screwing my knee up preparing for the Pararescue Indoc back in April '98 I've pretty much given up on those dreams :( . I'm praying to God the knee holds up long enough to make it through SP/F training.

I was sworn in today at 3:18pm. I'm at a Fighter Wing which is a BIG freakin' change from the Space Command base I was stationed at active duty.

Thanks again, everyone. BTW, I know military police is completely different from policing outside the gates but so many LEO's came from military service I just thought I'd share w/ ya'. :)

Last edited:

Bryon

Established Member
SP? SP????? Z. Brother. How could you have stooped so low?
(sigh) just remember that the beret is blue, not black.

Seriously: GOOD LUCK!!

Never was a fan of MPs or SPs for the most part. The ones who got deployed and did some combat duty were fine, but the slobs that patroled base and banged all of the combat arms people's wives were leeches. Nothing funnier than the one time they thought they could actually come into Ranger Battalion to make an arrest though.....

Don't even get me started on CID.

Sounds like you made the right choice for you though. I know it's a great springboard for a career in law enforcement. Good luck and be careful if you get deployed to a hot zone.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Bryon
Never was a fan of MPs or SPs for the most part. The ones who got deployed and did some combat duty were fine, but the slobs that patroled base and banged all of the combat arms people's wives were leeches.
Thanks, bro. :beer:

And you're 100% right about those a//holes who screw around w/ other people's wives and basically act like jerks. I wouldn't be that kind if my life depended on it.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
Shit man, if thats what you want then kick ass bro, stay safe, and take names.

PREPARE TO DEPLOY!!!! :beer:
(for a long period of time)
:lol: Hey, thanks, Tony :beer: and you're 100% right about the deployments. I've been in for all of 2 weeks and already found out my unit has an AEF/deployment in 2004...lol Unfortunately, no one has told us where we're going :shrug:. Personally, I'm up for anything.

ILUVLIGHTNINGS

Established Member

lol werd.

I was planing to join the AF as security forces before I reliazed unless i was in the shit hole of the world all Id be doing is gate duty for a couple years than if I was lucky Id get patrol.

Instead Im gonna go with the USCG as a Boatswain's Mates (or maybe Gunners Mate), and then try to get on a TACLET or LEDET. get tons of training and experience in actual Law Enforcement:coolman: :thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Sounds like a plan :beer:. You're right about pulling gate duty for awhile but I'm at a station that rotates the detail. Doesn't bother me, though. This is an excellent step forward towards OSI (Office of Special Investigations).

I already have 4 years contracting experience (which they love b/c of their fraud investigations) and Security Forces experience will help me that much more. Within 6 years I hope to be an OSI Agent and Air Force officer. But for right now Sec.Forces has exactly what I'm looking for. :)

Bryon

Established Member
It's been awhile, but if I remember right, they were after a guy for some disorderly conduct and property damage. They came to the Battalion right when most of us were getting back from our morning runs. My PL immediatly asked them what they were doing inside the Battalion (batt is fenced and there is no entry for non-Rangers without express permission). They immediatly began to swagger, say they were there to make an arrest and no one was going to stop them, no-entry rules didn't apply to them, started pulling out nightsticks, etc. Top Kick came out and told us to remove them and their vehicle "NOW!"

Long story short, they called for backup (two more cars showed, 2 people per car), threatened us with arrest and ended up outside the fence with one patrol car on it's roof. No charges ever came out of it that I know of and a few MPs got their egos (among other things) severely bruised.

Users who are viewing this thread