Guesses on performance numbers by trim

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
For the price of the handling pack, which I added, you would think the cup2 would be included.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just got off the phone with "Kyle" at Ford Performance. Good guy, he's the one that supplied photos of the base and CF TP dash sections last week.

He doesn't know what tire will come on the Handling Package cars. They have a CF TP car there along with two base cars. He did confirm that the Handling Package cars will come with a Gurney Flap in the trunk, camber plates shipped to the dealer for a given car, and splitter wickers will be in the trunk as well.

CF TP cars will indeed come with an oil separator in the trunk.

I asked if FRPP will once again off a rear seat delete and he said he would certainly inform upper management that people are hoping it will be offered once again.

He asked that I email him regarding the tires. More when he responds.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Well, this thread got quite a bit bigger since my post lol. Thanks to those that posted the link to the video where they stated what they did about the base being faster for the 1/4.

Tob, thanks for all the info. I did get the handling package on my car. So I'm hoping it comes with more than the gurney flap lol.

LostM

Established Member
Hmm, now thatbive read other opinions, im not as confident as I was.
I was SURE base would be faster et &mph in the 1/4, based on simply aero.

Ive seen cars pick up 2-3mpk when the wings are removed, however, the tire xhoice and weight differences could make up for that.

I still think 10.8/133 for base. The launch will be tricky so et is suffering, but should back half very very well.

Since i think ill be the 1st real drag racer wih this car in hand, Im looking for either Apex Arc8 18x10 or Forgestar F14 18x10 now to buy and mount ETStreetRs on. I want to get some good times, and then end the night with a bone stock pass.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think the car will be surprisingly good at 60ft performance for street tires. Linear progressive power, sticky wide tires, good amount of weight in the car, it might really scoot outta the hole.

The dct will load it up nicely. So long as throttle mapping is intuitive and logical with no artificial dead spot stuff, the car should roll out very very hard with maybe 1800rpm off the footbrake loaded up, progressively and quickly go wot by about the mid of 1st I’d guess.

LostM

Established Member
See, i dont think DCT is loaded like that, i think feet are off everything except the gas.

Established Member
I think GT500 is very relevant... There is no one car that beats every other car in every way, always a set of tradeoffs. GT500 will beat zl1, perform well against the mopar stuff with some power challenges but win on design and certainly lighter, and hold it's own against gen 1 C8 by most metrics. It is better than any other Ford product at meeting these challenges and for a S550 chassis the power is outstanding, styling is excellent, and has presence and uniqueness and all that good stuff. It's well done.

Broadly, I can't see how any vendor can evolutionarily do a monstrous leap over the others today, to me that is who will be first to the hybrid solution bringing electric motors to the front axles, or possibly just electric sports cars with 100% torque instantly available, see Formula-E cars, insanely fast. We are getting close but it's not quite here yet. I do give it to GM as they just revolutionized the supercar segment. It's been pointed out that C8 is not a valid compare to GT500, although at the price point we do it, and if we are bitching comparing it to Mustangs, then imagine the pricing pressure Porsche, Ferrari, Audi, McLaren, Lambo's, and Acura are under now. One other side effect is it might have breathed life into Camaro for another generation, this car is on the cutting block and since the higher trim zl1 model was encroaching on C7, C8 might make their lower cost front engine RWD manual sports car still viable going forward. I hate to lose choices and competition.

It's a great time to be a car nut.

Last edited:

gofast15

Established Member
See, i dont think DCT is loaded like that, i think feet are off everything except the gas.
DCT has to be in Launch Control mode to be loaded . Left foot on the brake pedal , right foot on the gas pedal to the floor then let off the brake .

gofast15

Established Member
My car will be a base car with no options at all . I'll have bunch of street and 1/4 mile tests as soon the car shows up

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Ford is going to have to roll out an absolute monster to over take what GM and Dodge have already done, and I honestly don't think that's going to happen
And see, I feel the opposite..There is no denying the Redeye and Demon were built for one thing in mind, being the drag strip king. GM and Ford however in the past years have really
focused on road course racing and still moving forward in that regard. This new GT500 will not be just 1 type of racing per say such as the last 13-14s, rather will give the consumer benefits of both types.

A car that will run under 11 secs and tear up many road course records for the price is something to view it at. This new C8 will only again be 1 style focused, road course racing. Once past 100mph that N/A V8 will run out of steam.

Some rumors are circulating (RUMORS) this GT500 CFTP did 2 sec better than the FGT on slicks at Sebring. Very impressive this is verified 100%.

blk02edge

Established Member
Some rumors are circulating (RUMORS) this GT500 CFTP did 2 sec better than the FGT on slicks at Sebring. Very impressive this is verified 100%.
I love how these rumors spread, that GT losing to the 500 is about as useless as me telling you I kept up to a gutted/full race prepped v12 vantage on slicks/aero with my stock powered miata.

Even DBK said it wont destroy a ZL1 1Le, just beat it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Now that you said it I can only add that Sebring was indeed the track.

As in the gt500 on slicks and gt on street shoes I assume?

It reads as the gt500 on its cup2’s and the gt on slicks... which if true is very fap worthy info to ponder on tonight... I’ll be right back

blk02edge

Established Member
Rumor is GT on "worn" slicks and 500 on cup 2's. worn slicks are still substantially faster than a brand new cup 2 unless they are old and dry (highly doubt someone with a GT would have those). My money is on they were on the cords, GT driver got all wiggly and set a whatever time, came in, next guy ran 2 seconds faster with the 500, people laughed and now we have hundreds of people thinking the new 500 is faster than a slicked up FGT.

Users who are viewing this thread