Guitar Hero/Rock Band

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Any players on here? I play Rock Band 2 and World Tour mainly, but I've been watching some BADASS videos of custom songs on Guitar Hero III PC. People have taken metal songs and completely transcribed them to the game. I'd like to know if I purchased the game for PC, if I could download these songs from other people.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
Yes! Rock Band FTMFW.....I am the drummer in our band "The Random Flickers" . We put a cooler of beers in our family room and go to town for hours....good stuff .

Jaysin

Established Member
I mainly play gh Metallica on drums for the ps3. Im decent, can play a few on Expert+, but theres still some I cant even beat on Hard. Cant get frustrating, especially since the drum set isnt the best, the pads will hit when they want too, but oh well. Good to bring out every once in a while and blast through some songs.

Edit: When world tour 1st come out I went over to my buddies house who had purchased it, then 2 other friends dropped by. I played drums and guitar (swapped with a friend every other song) and we had a friend on vocals and bass. Man it was pretty damn fun, must of played a good 2-3hrs, laughing our asses off. Our band name was The Naughty Midgets (wasnt picked by me lol).

Last edited:

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
haha nice, I never liked the drums. I always play guitar unless I'm intox'd where I looove to bust out the vocals haha. I want to be able to play stuff like this, that doesn't come on the game:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkim4yCikrc&feature=related"]YouTube - Guitar Hero 3 - Back Burner (August Burns Red)[/ame]

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I am a drummer in our band, "The Devil's Postmen" in RB2. I have the RB2 drum kit with cymbals set up on cymbal stands acting as a hi-hat and crash. Its a drunken good time :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Frets of Fire (i believe it was formerly Freetar Hero) is the PC version of the game, and entirely free. You download the game, you install the many available "mods" to make it look like GH:WT or RockBand (DSalarian Mod is what i use) and you can find THOUSANDS of songs via torrents. Last time i heard, there were 5 major song packs, including ALL of the songs from EVERY game release, as well as the rest of the songs people do themselves. Just like real guitar tabs, there are good song tabbings, and bad ones. Alot of the custom ones, i find, feel like they put more thought into chord layout and solo's than the actual games tabbings. Being a guitarist you can tell on the games what feels natural, and what doesnt.

Ive created shitloads of custom songs, mostly though Tool. I found the GH:WT Tool left much to be desired. You take a mp3 and convert it to a .ogg file iirc (through Audacity), and upload it in the tabber program, and then start making tabs. Theres another step along the way too that requires you uploading a file to their site, and saving the result file in the same folder as the .ogg song file. I have a PS2 to USB converter and i use my wired PS2 GH controller.

I was trying to get the drum kit to work, and the drum song pack, but gave up since i reformatted in the process and lost all that shit i used to have.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
it might be, though the mod i had didnt have the moving background images, it was just a still picture or screencap from those background images. But im sure since then people have way better mods out for it.

that link title says its Guitar Hero 3 though.........and the graphics look pretty good. The PC game doesnt have really good graphics, i dont think the users really care too much, they are like a mix between the PS2 games and PS3/360 versions graphics wise.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
guitar hero world tour, metallica and rock band 1 & 2 here.....damn, thats alot. drummer, on hard. can do some metallica on expert

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Controller question here. Are the wireless guitars for GH and Rock Band interchangeable?

Meaning, can I use the guitar controller from Rock Band with GH and the GH controller with Rock Band?

Reason I ask is I only have GH and am wondering if I will actually need to pick up another controller if I get the Rock Band software.

Thanks.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Controller question here. Are the wireless guitars for GH and Rock Band interchangeable?

Meaning, can I use the guitar controller from Rock Band with GH and the GH controller with Rock Band?

Reason I ask is I only have GH and am wondering if I will actually need to pick up another controller if I get the Rock Band software.

Thanks.

Your guitar will work. I only use guitar hero guitars for RB:rockon:

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Excellent. I need to pick up RB to get the Iron Maiden DLC.

Thanks!

I believe the GH controller works for RB, but not the other way around. The Maiden songs are great! I downloaded Wasted Years, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Can I Play With Madness, and Run to the Hills. Badass songs, but not as hard to play as they're rated (5/5 red).

Users who are viewing this thread