Gun advice - shotguns

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I want to purchase a shotgun. I want an all-around type because I also like to shoot skeet but the primary use will be for the home. I would like to keep the cost between $300-$500. Any advice given would be appreciated as I am going to look this weekend. I am also thinking of getting a handgun as well and looking at the Glock .40s and if you have advice I would like that as well.
Thanks,
P&V
:beer:

roadwarrior60

Established Member
not much into shotguns for anything other than hunting and trap/skeet. so ill keep my mouth shut on that one. but as for pistols.......ditch the glock idea and go with a springfield xd. :banana: tried glocks, never liked them. tried an xd once and bought one 3 days later. just my humble opinion though.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I like Ithica 37 as it ejects the empties straight down plus it has no stamped parts everything is milled on them. the only down side I see is the current 37 has no magazine extension so your limited to a 5 round capacity.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Remington 870. Just picked one up myself (after shooting my roommates for a semester). Got the 18'' barrel with 7+1 round magazine in 12ga and love it. It's solid, reliable and fits the 'home defense/recreational use' bill perfectly. Even with the 18'' barrel it still shoots skeet just fine. Was hitting them no problem at 35-40 yards.

Last edited:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Where would be the best place to look for either the MossBerg or Remington? Gun dealer or walmart?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I love my 870 tactical, it's a fun gun to shoot, hell all guns are fun to shoot. Yeee hawww!:-D

Users who are viewing this thread