gun laws what does the other side think?

pohnjarker

Established Member
Thought provoking question but don't get your hopes up for logical responses. Their reasons are purely emotional.

that's because demtards function on an emotional level instead of a logical level on most issues.

plus, all new laws only affect legal gun owners so whats the point...if the current laws were enforced instead of adding new laws that wont be enforced on top of old ones that are not enforced...it might work better.

IMO :shrug:

Riptide

Established Member
Australia. No more mass shootings after the ban. And gun crime has gone down in general as well.

There is evidence to support it helping to solve their issues anyway.

aaandht

Established Member
Can someone explain how you would normally buy a gun legally?

Without question getting rid of guns is not the answer. A person who intends to cause harm will cause harm in any way possible.

Here in the PRNJ its very interesting. First you must obtain a Firearms ID card(and a P2P if you want a handgun). Go to your local police when they allow visitors; my town's visitation rights are Thursday between 11AM and 1PM. Fill out paper work for criminal background checks, mental health checks and two non-family references. The town and the state police both run a background check on you. Some towns contact the employer which there is no state statue allowing this act, but its for the greater good! Next go to a certified finger printing place and submit your prints. And wait.....and wait....and wait....did I mention the law states the police have 30 days to approve or deny? However very few towns follow this law. Some towns have you wait upwards of a year! My town is below average for wait times, at about 8-12 weeks for P2Ps and FIDs. Finally when you forgot you even applied for a firearms ID or permit to purchase you get a call to come pick up your new card. Permit to Purchase(I refer to as permission to purchase) is a similar case. However, you only have 90 days from when the chief signs the permit to purchase a handgun(with an optional 90 day extension), my town notifies me about a week after the chief signs the paper work, so I've already lost at least a week. My town allows you to pick up your permits Tuesday-Thursday between 11AM-1PM, how convenient of them:rollseyes.

With your FID you can now buy a long gun OR fondle handguns at a gun shop.

Like a gun? Well head to a gun shop with your FID and P2P(if you are getting a handgun). Fill out paper work, have the gun store call the NJSP NICS hotline....which then calls up the FBI NICS for a background check...this is your 3rd background check by the way. I should mention last year there was a backup on the NJSP NICS which took people over 2 weeks to get a gun. While you are waiting you may see another handgun you really like. Nice....but you have to wait at least 31 days before you can purchase it due to One Gun A Month....that is of course if you applied for extra permits as well.

Want to carry your nice gun? Well...for the most part you can't. CCWs are only given to police officers and those that are very well connected. In NJ handguns are also illegal unless you fall under one of the exemptions. Those exemptions are going directly from your house to the gun range or gun store. Want to pick up a friend or grab a bite to eat after some range time? Well you could....but you face a felony charge with a minimum jail time of 3 years.

And these strict laws have kept guns off the streets....if you ignore Newark, Paterson, Camden, Trenton, Jersey City, Irvington, Atlantic City...and pretty much any other place a criminal would choose to carry a gun. Like the Short Hills mall killing a defenseless man in front of his wife after they went Christmas shopping.

By the way, most NJ politicans feel we need MORE gun laws to protect us from those law abiding gun owners!

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Can someone explain how you would normally buy a gun legally?

Without question getting rid of guns is not the answer. A person who intends to cause harm will cause harm in any way possible.

In TX without a CHL you fill out the 4473 form and they call the NICS for a background check. If it's gtg you leave with your weapon. If there's a hold or denial you don't get to. With a CHL you just do the 4473 transfer form and leave.

Riptide

Established Member

DarkMach1

Established Member
In order to avoid a confrontation with others here, especially some of the latest posts, I will not be quoting anyone just simply giving my thoughts. I'm pro-gun, I'm ok with with the current gun laws even though most aren't being enforced and this is mostly why politicians call for more gun control, which is stupid. I don't agree with background checks for private transfers, mostly because its not enforceable unless a national registry is put in place, and I'm pretty sure a national registry is illegal under one of the large gun control acts (the one for 1968 I believe). Like I said I don't have a major problem with restrictions but I do have a problem with liberals making up terms like "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" whose definition is changed for the worse every few year, it doesn't take a genious to see where they're going with their increasingly strict definition of the terms mentioned above. I also have a problem with millionaire politicians with a few dozen bodyguards armed to the teeth telling me how I should defend myself.

I came from a communist country where a man, within a matter of a handful of years convinced the majority that he knew what was best for them, all weapons were confiscated for the "greater good". Guns are now nonexistent and yet you can't walk in the street past 8PM on your own. I reserve the right to choose my weapon of choice for my defense. When a law makes something illegal for a citizen but still legal for the government then watch yourself, you are nearing the point of no return. If you feel safer in Australia or England then feel free to move, don't worry, you will soon return as a supporter of our constitution. Look back in history during and just after the revolutionary war and its prefectly clear what the founding father wanted to accomplish with the 2nd amendment, no only by the countless quotes from their speeches and documents but also by including the phrase, "the right of The People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread