Gun Safes, what do you have (pics) and what do you recommend?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Liberty Safes.

/thread

I went with a Liberty Fatboy. Visit one of their stores to get a real price.

I added the light kit , goldenrod and the door organizer and delivery.

Like most gun “safes” it is a great residential security container that would be a challenge to get into so I have alarms and insurance as a second level of assurance. So as long as your choice appears to be comparable standard, you are probably good to go.

I also have and recommend liberty. I paid for the delivery and set up of my safe. Let’s just say that if I move the safe is staying here. It’s very heavy.

cce9843cb1362140825353fc458c604e.jpg

By the time you find this safe hidden away in my home you will have to get by my alarm, my pitbull, and my mossberg.

Come at me bros.

mikes35

Established Member
I’ll be bolting the safe to the floor and the back and sides will be up against a wall and a heavy tool cabinet. I’ll also have an alarm. I’m not in a high crime area so it’ll just need to be enough to keep the wannabe crooks out. I hadn’t seen the modular safes until this thread- those look interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I have a 1500 lb one and while someone determined can get into it, they will have to spend the time. It is just like the wall. Someone who wants in can get in but it will keep out the general grab and run burglers. Best thing is keep it unknown. If no one knows you have anything they will not be trying to get it.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Since you are in NC I should mention Drake Safe Company in Roxboro, NC. Locally built right here. The guys I know who own these safes will tell you they are way more safe for your money than most of the other brands listed here. However, delivery to you several hours away might be a little spendy.

mikes35

Established Member
I found a Liberty Fatboy Jr on Craigslist for $1200, thinking about checking it out.

mikes35

Established Member
Since you are in NC I should mention Drake Safe Company in Roxboro, NC. Locally built right here. The guys I know who own these safes will tell you they are way more safe for your money than most of the other brands listed here. However, delivery to you several hours away might be a little spendy.

Thanks for the tip, I travel that way quite a bit, I'll have to check them out.

mikes35

Established Member
I have a 1500 lb one and while someone determined can get into it, they will have to spend the time. It is just like the wall. Someone who wants in can get in but it will keep out the general grab and run burglers. Best thing is keep it unknown. If no one knows you have anything they will not be trying to get it.

I agree, my other safe is covered up and I don't show it to anyone but my closest family and my friends may see it if we are working around it. I purposely keep it hidden when my son has friends over. I don't feel the need for over the top with this thing since it'll be bolted, secured on 3 sides and hidden. Plus the area will be alarmed and I'll have a remote camera system. Anyone determined with enough time can get into anything. All they'd have to do is walk out to my garage and they could find enough of my own tools to get in. They'd have additional security levels to get through there as well. Insurance is the ultimate failsafe.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have the Bighorn safe from Costco bolted to the floor. With time and tools I'm sure you can get into any safe but let's be honest about who's breaking into your home.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I found a Liberty Fatboy Jr on Craigslist for $1200, thinking about checking it out.

Not a bad price if it’s in excellent shape. Take cash and wave it around, maybe get that sucker on the cheap.

mikes35

Established Member
It's in a gun shop, not sure how much he'd take. 2 years old, gently used, what's a fair price to offer without insulting someone?

Users who are viewing this thread