Guy at work says he can beat my cobra with a VW?

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
Here's the short of it. I have an 03 Cobra with 2.80 pulley, chip, x pipe, mac cat back, steeda triax K&N FIPK. He has some new 04 VW which he says has 260 hp and awd. He doesn't want a real race, just zero to sixty. I know awd is a big advantage in this case. My car is useless under heavy throttle even when slipping the clutch. Anyway the sheet talking around work continues since he is now telling everyone I'm scared of him. I told him let's have a real race 1/8 or 1/4 mile, that'll give me time to real him in if I get a lousy launch. Words of wisdom. :shrug:

WaznMe

Enzyte RICER RECOMMENDED.
Established Member
hmmm dont do a 0-60 race he prolly would beat you because of that awd(if he knows how to launch) but since he is talking sh!t about you being scared , jus start telling every1 he is being a pvssy for not wanting to do a real race,

maybe that'll work and he will be a big head and call you out for a real race and get beat so bad.....:shrug:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
A 0-60 race is about as awesome of a race as seeing who can go 100ft backwards the fastest. I'd tell him you'll race him at the nearest 0-60 track... since that kind of race is that common.

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
Put some money on the deal and take him to a quarter mile track. Bring your other coworkers and a video camera.

Proceed to collect your money and glory.

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by WaznMe
hmmm dont do a 0-60 race he prolly would beat you because of that awd(if he knows how to launch) but since he is talking sh!t about you being scared , jus start telling every1 he is being a pvssy for not wanting to do a real race,

maybe that'll work and he will be a big head and call you out for a real race and get beat so bad.....:shrug:

You don't even need to launch and you will be able to take him. If it is a R32 they do 0-60 in 6.0. BEST. I was able to 0-60 with no launch in the 5s when I still had mine, and it was stock with 3 other people in the car. Anyways no matter what you do you will win!

Note* What I mean by a luanch is reving up and dropping the clutch.

Last edited:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
How would u judge the winner of that. Would u ask a local cop to use his radar. Maybe one of those signs that tell u how fast ur going. Never mind im being an idiot, u two can just take eachothers word for it. "Mine said 60 first. No mine did. No mine did"

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
0 TO 60 is not worth it.You will only be in 2nd gear and 03/04 Cobra does it in 4.8 (depends on driver).tell him 0 to 100 or nothing!!!!!!

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
How would u judge the winner of that. Would u ask a local cop to use his radar. Maybe one of those signs that tell u how fast ur going. Never mind im being an idiot, u two can just take eachothers word for it. "Mine said 60 first. No mine did. No mine did"

haha maybe he has a g-tech and you guys can both use it and itll say who gets there faster :rockon:

what a geek, and they come 240hp/236tq and weigh 3400 pounds and he most likely paid as much for it as you did on yur cobra :lol1:

xxxzach

Established Member
he's got an R32. it's slow as ****. my 1.8T GTi is faster than the R32 and i only have 180hp/173lbft tq. in fact i've raced an r32 and spanked it :). and i still want to get rid of my GTi and get a cobra :D

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by ReducedFat
Put some money on the deal and take him to a quarter mile track. Bring your other coworkers and a video camera.

Proceed to collect your money and glory.

Just make sure you post it!! :rockon:

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
You pretty much got it on that one. He has always been a rice kinda guy. He's always talking about how bad his old eclipse was because it had some mods and a blow off valve. He says it would run 9 flat in the 1/8 which doesn't seem too fast to me (my old 5.0 would run high 8's with horrible traction problems). His last ride was a Honda civic bur not even one of the higher performance ones (some kind of high fuel economy model). He put a fart pipe and some other crap on it (oh, and stickers:bowdown: ). Well his wife's aunt dies and leaves him and the wife with a house in Atlanta to sell for around 100K. Everyone around work thought he would get a WRX STI or an EVO since mitsubishi is kinda his first love. Instead he shows up in this VW (R32 is correct) which he says has 260HP . His wife gets a VW Toreg (SP) some kind of SUV. Anyway the guys an idiot. He goes out and replaces two vehicles that were fine with two new ones that are depreciating at a high rate and he could've paid his house off, and he did pay more than I did for my Cobra. I've never been nasty with him about how much cooler my car is than his but since he got this god send of cash he's been a major dick. I think I may just take him for a little ride after work one day and break his neck dropping back into second from 55 or so (those of you with 2.8's, tuning, exhausts, and intakes know what I mean). Maybe that'll shut him up. :shrug:

machone

NA power
Established Member
LOL....an r32? Ive driven those, i bet i could take one in a GT let alone a MODDED cobra. He'll beat you to 15 mph then you'll wave bye bye and completly destroy him.

MARK C

Established Member
The ride in your Cobra won't help,I've done that before...He'll just say your Cobra is fast But........Just more BS about his vw!
Make sure there is a hole BUNCH of coworkers to witness the killing of yet another (Wish I had a V-8 fools)!

ActionJack

Established Member
The R32 has some pontential with mods but stock the Mach 1 stock would beat it in a 0 to 60 or a 1/8 or 1/4. You will have no problem, especially with a Modded 03' Cobra. This guy is in for some hurtin if he races you. :bash:

xxxzach

Established Member
the only time an r32 is gonna make power is when someone drops a twin turbo kit in it. i think that kit puts down around 500hp, however, the cost to put it in is something like 30k so you aren't gonna see very many if any at all running around.

Users who are viewing this thread