guys,i have a real problem!

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
check out the vehicles in my sig. i have so much to be thankful for, so i kind of feel bad for even considering this..months ago, i put $1000 down on a gt500. the wife is even excited about getting this car (it took me seven years to turn her into a car nut, so i have alot invested in her too :banana:) anyway, here's my dilemma: i just checked out an 03 sonic blue lightning at a local dealership. i'm in love. i've wanted a lightning for years now, and this one is a beautiful example. my second favorite colour on a lightning, next to dsg. only mod is a borla exhaust. full history and service all at this dealer. if i get this truck, i'll have to give up my fx4 AND ALSO HAVE TO GIVE UP GETTING MY SHELBY. if i say screw it to the L, then i can get the shelby and probably keep my bullitt, which is pristine by the way. so you can see my predicament. this really shouldn't matter, but what would you do? before some of you flame me for this whiney type thread, keep in mind that i am a car crazy nut, that doesn't mind working a few more years for his vehicles. they make me happy. just like my wife. she is so supportive. we don't have kids, so what the hell. making matters worse is the fact that i just read the thread about the gt500 making 638 at the wheels with simple mods. btw, i plan on giving her the bullitt for her summer driver if we get the shelby, or the L if we get that. she deserves something nice too. later, we plan on buying a 87- 92 fox body notch to resto mod, probably 4 cyl. sorry for the long post you guys, but i just wanted your input. thanks.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You are actually considering a Lightning over a GT500. Are you nuts. 638 hp with simple mods? The car is not even in production yet and already and people are making claims left and right. Get the GT500, it will be way more fun to drive then a pick-up truck. As far as how much power it will make with mods A, B & C. Wait until the production car is actually released before assuming anything. Some people are so gullible.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
keep the fx4. buy the gt500 and sell the bullitt to me! :-D im sure a 4x4 is a lot better driver in the cold winter than a 400-500 horsepower truck is.
personally i would rather drive a stick anyway, and the sonic blue is too purple for my taste.
a nice 4x4 truck and a sweet high horsepower car is the best of both worlds. stick with your plan. :beer:

91svtbird

Established Member
meaty mac said:
check out the vehicles in my sig. i have so much to be thankful for, so i kind of feel bad for even considering this..months ago, i put $1000 down on a gt500. the wife is even excited about getting this car (it took me seven years to turn her into a car nut, so i have alot invested in her too :banana:) anyway, here's my dilemma: i just checked out an 03 sonic blue lightning at a local dealership. i'm in love. i've wanted a lightning for years now, and this one is a beautiful example. my second favorite colour on a lightning, next to dsg. only mod is a borla exhaust. full history and service all at this dealer. if i get this truck, i'll have to give up my fx4 AND ALSO HAVE TO GIVE UP GETTING MY SHELBY. if i say screw it to the L, then i can get the shelby and probably keep my bullitt, which is pristine by the way. so you can see my predicament. this really shouldn't matter, but what would you do? before some of you flame me for this whiney type thread, keep in mind that i am a car crazy nut, that doesn't mind working a few more years for his vehicles. they make me happy. just like my wife. she is so supportive. we don't have kids, so what the hell. making matters worse is the fact that i just read the thread about the gt500 making 638 at the wheels with simple mods. btw, i plan on giving her the bullitt for her summer driver if we get the shelby, or the L if we get that. she deserves something nice too. later, we plan on buying a 87- 92 fox body notch to resto mod, probably 4 cyl. sorry for the long post you guys, but i just wanted your input. thanks.

If you pass on the Shelby I think you'll regret it. Besides , you can always buy another used Lightning later ,after the Shelby is paid off. [keep that thought to yourself ,tell her after you get the Shelby] :beer:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
thanks for your thoughts you guys. i appreciate you taking the time to post. i think i will say goodbye to the L... at least for now!

Users who are viewing this thread