guys need help and advice

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
okay so i was driving to get my new tattoos today for iraq and my truck kicked into drive aka 3rd gear and it locked up on me...i lost control then it acted normal..i drove about 300 yards and it did it again..now if its in drive even with od off it just revs i have 1st..2nd... reverse n park but no D n OD ...do you think its the whole tranny? or just valve body or torque convertor i have a month left before i leave for iraq and i dont even know where to start to look at for this problem..my buddy who is a ford junkie and a mercedes tech said check valve body and possible solenoids or sensors...another fellow svtp member lost his tranny about 4 months ago said he lost all gears but sounds similar..ne help will be appreciated thank you

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
How does your tranny fluid look and make sure it doesn't smell burnt. Check the fluid level and if it's ok pull the pan and make sure there is no metal on the magnet. I see alot of converter damage that ends up putting crap through the tranny. Let me know what you find.

Rick

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
D is the only gear i lost and im going to get codes ran today hopefully .... if its not raining i will drop the pan,... bad thing bout haven 4 bikes in ur garage nothing else fits

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Hold the trip reset button down, turn the key to "on" and wait about 10-15 seconds and you should see the ODO display change, you'll be able to toggle through the menus and find any DTC codes that may exist.

Users who are viewing this thread