Guys, Please read this ...

justa306

Established Member
Mods please move this if i put it in the wrong section. But i thought it was where it would get the most exposure. Please show your support for a new drag strip in central pa and tell your friends and their friends to attend the meeting to get this track approved. Please read the post....

Drag-strip hearing not done yet - The York Daily Record

04SVTFORD

Established Member
I hope it works out and as soon as I have a few go fast parts added to the Lightning I would like to take it up there as well as Maryland International Raceway... Would be nice to travel and meet/ race new people and cars...

04SVTFORD

Established Member
We'll have to work out a track day to cecil sometime though, I'd like to see your truck, I've only been up there and seen one while there with mine so it would be nice to make a showing of the blue oval... Unfortunatly mine will be the slower of the two!

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Its going to be VERY, VERY difficult to get this all to go through...
I truly hope he presents a strong case for a safe and sanctioned strip.
The biggest issue, other than people complaining about booze and noise, is the insurance required to open a race track...I've heard its millions and millions of dollars, but I dont know for sure.
There has been talk of a strip in this area of PA for many years since York US30 shutdown and became a full-blown airport. But, something always came up to knock down the idea....
I would think that, if it goes through, the place would be PACKED every weekend, as the area has deep racing roots and people are tired of having to go to Cecil, Mason-Dixon, Capitol, or MIR to run their car...I know I would be there often, even though I have a rice-burner now..

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
Hell I'd go. My dad used to race at south mountain when he owned it. I'm from Pottstown, but I'd be down to go there. I usually go to Maple Grove. They have an awesome track, but not the best program. I hope this goes through.

You guys need to let me know if you have a track day at Cecil sometime. I'd be interested in going.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
We'll have to work out a track day to cecil sometime though, I'd like to see your truck, I've only been up there and seen one while there with mine so it would be nice to make a showing of the blue oval... Unfortunatly mine will be the slower of the two!

Ya man I plan on going down when it opens back up. I'll probably post a thread in here to see if we can get a few people to go.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Cody, dont make me go along with my STi and show you kids how to drive...lol

Users who are viewing this thread