Guys running 16" wheels at the track

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
Just need some help real quick. I want to run a 16x10 baja wheel with some et streets at the track. can someone using this setup give me the specifics ie... tire size, backspacing of the wheel, and what bolt pattern. Any help will be appreciated.

LightningEd

Established Member
I run the 16 inch american racing wheels (cheap set) I think they are the "outlaws" and the MT ET Streets which are 28 x 11.5 x 16. I picked them up from a local speed shop. The only problem I had was a little bit of rim slipping inside the tire. After adding a set of wheel rim screws the problem is gone. If I recall, I got everything including the new lugs for about 400.00.

They really do make a huge difference at the track. And being the are street legal I do not have to mess with the tire changes at the track.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
I run the 16 inch american racing wheels (cheap set) I think they are the "outlaws" and the MT ET Streets which are 28 x 11.5 x 16. I picked them up from a local speed shop. The only problem I had was a little bit of rim slipping inside the tire. After adding a set of wheel rim screws the problem is gone. If I recall, I got everything including the new lugs for about 400.00.

They really do make a huge difference at the track. And being the are street legal I do not have to mess with the tire changes at the track.

you have the setup i'm looking at. summit is right up the road so i'll prolly run up there and shop w/them. i was considering some 18" m/t drs but compairing the cost i can go this route and get a lot more hook for less money.

LightningEd

Established Member
You will enjoy the difference from the F1's. On the track I can leave almost at wide open throttle with little spin.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
01cobra- you wouldn't happen to be in the airforce would ya?
I got a cousin in the AF who lives in macon.

sorry to thread jack

Users who are viewing this thread