guys running 185/55's

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
if/when paired with 295/55's are you guys running into abs issues from the drastic height differences? ive heard of the abs causing the brakes to drag from this..also are you guys running the M&H 185/55's on 17x4.5's on the street? is it safe to run a skinny on the street? thinking of making my 17/15 combo into a street setup, or atleast be able to get me to the track 50 miles away

-chris

tvanlant

Established Member
Another full time - 275/60/15 & 185/55/17 no issues other than tire pressure monitoring system thinks a tire is flat all the time. I don't even notice the car has skinnies on it. I don't take any crazy turns either....

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
good to know. you guys run on the highway with these? anything you really shouldnt do on the street with a skinny? and ya damn i didnt think about the tpms throwing a light...i ran my dr's for a few days to datalog and that alert in the message box was driving me crazy! any way to disable it?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I run big and littles all the time. No issues with abs. Just keep your distance from other cars in case that you have to step on the brakes hard. And dont take corners to hard. The height difference is not much if you get 17 front wheels. And you will get used to hitting the reset button every time you start the car to make the flat tire message out of the info screen.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
hah i dont plan to fly around corners with them, i dont do that now on the 19's.

and before i order from summit tonight, you guys are ordering the ROD-11's?

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
I run big and littles all the time. No issues with abs. Just keep your distance from other cars in case that you have to step on the brakes hard. And dont take corners to hard. The height difference is not much if you get 17 front wheels. And you will get used to hitting the reset button every time you start the car to make the flat tire message out of the info screen.

good advice. its gonna drive me crazy to hit the button everytime...
from 185/55/17's to 295/55/15's is almost a 2" height difference and the 275/60 is a hair more. not exactly a few 1/10th's

scotmach

Established Member
I run Hoosier 17" front radials and 295-55/15's on the rear all the time and have no issues. As someone else said keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you in case you have to hammer on the brakes. And yes I have to hit the reset button for the tire pressure light every time I start it up. No big deal.

coyote302

Established Member
I run 17x4.5 with hoosier tire all the time and it is not that bad.... Dont know why almost all people run 15 " rim in the back.....I run mt 295-45-17 dr and they look way better....

nordy racer

Established Member
M&H is a great company. i had a issus with a tire that was 2 years old and they replaced it without a question. i run my set 24/7.. just make sure you watch your speed around turns other then that its fine.

RFM50

Established Member
I have problems when I put mine on. Even with the traction and stability control turned off the car will freak out and turn it back on. I had to have my tunner give me a tune with abs turned off for the track.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I run 295/55/15 on 15x10's and 185/55/17 on 17x4.5's all the time with no issues at all.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
all good responses, exactly what i wanted to hear. i want to order these today from summit. the M&H 185/55/17 radial you guys ordered is the ROD-11?

I have problems when I put mine on. Even with the traction and stability control turned off the car will freak out and turn it back on. I had to have my tunner give me a tune with abs turned off for the track.

very weird. thats what i was afraid of but not a huge deal if my tuner can turn the abs off. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread