Guys that have gone from a Spec 3+ to an RXT - got a couple questions

Comp04svt

Established Member
Looking to find some input from guys who have gone from a Spec 3/3+ clutch to an RXT setup.

My car currently has a Spec 3+ with an aluminum fidanza flywheel, 26 spline and steel TOB sleeve. Newer oem cable. Problem is, the trans shifts a bit difficult into gear, a little harder in high rpm's. No grinding or anything.

I've been tossing around the idea of a magnum and an RXT setup, so I called D&D to get their input for what I got going on. They were saying that my troubles were most likely with the spec clutch I have and not with the trans itself, and that I needed to take it out and find a dumpster for the Spec. They said I could try an RXT clutch first and see how it does, but they would recommend doing the magnum and the RXT together because of the obvious improvements in the magnum, but that's a lot of money lol.

So I was just looking to see if anyone has went from the Spec to the RXT and if you noticed any improvement in shift effort. I know the clutch effort will be way better, but that's not a huge issue because im used the Specs crappy high effort already haha.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Have you adjusted the clutch properly? Signs of a mis-adjusted clutch is difficultly with shifting.

im4darush

Established Member
+1. I have a SPEC 3+ with light pedal and it shifts great. Like said above, your shift issues do not stem from the clutch itself unless the clutch is DONE. Get it adjusted properly. As a side note....the SPEC3+ is the best clutch I ever had!!

Users who are viewing this thread