Guys with 4.10s come in!!

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Im running 28" slicks right now and I want to get some more gear for my car

I was thinking 4.10s, seeing as im not a big roll racer , but I do drive my car a lot and I do make 450 mile drives every 2 or 3 months

what kinda rpm increases will I see in 6th at say 70mph?

What kinda decrease in mpg will i see?

What kind of street wheels size/ tire would I need to get the rpm closer to 3.55s? 18s w 35 series tire? 40?

What brand of gears should I use for maximum strength/least noise?

also

Are you satisfied with your choice of gear ratio?

also any other input you may possibly have is appreciated!

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
I have 4:10s in my Cobra and love it. I was a bit cautious at first because the Cobra was the first boosted RWD car I've owned and I didn't want too high of a gear, but it's won me a few races and will still run up past 160 in 5th.

Idk about 6th at 60mph, but at 80mph I run about 2700 rmps. Stock it was like 2300. So not bad of a change.

I love it. I know as I go bigger with power (right now I'm only at about what you are) I'll need a smaller gear, but other things have to get finished before that comes.

I say do it. If you don't like it you can always go back down. Starting the other way around makes it much harder. Start with 4:10s if it's too much drop back down to a 3:73 or Motive's 3:90.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Thanks a lot, I want them specifically for running the 28 " slicks i have on the car

every little bit helps, i wanna get as best a time as i can before going twin screw

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
i put 4.10's in when I just had a 2.8 pulley. Loved it.

Upgraded to a ported blower and all the boltons. Shifted quite a bit more. Liked it.

Upgraded to a Kenne Bell and all the boltons. I hate my 4.10's. I can't wait to take them out and put 3.55's back in. Top of 4th gear comes way too quick and leaves me around 120mph on the street

Black Sex

Established Member
I had a SRA with 3.73's and I liked them with a 26" tire. I recently switched back to the IRS and it has 4.10's. I love how snappy the car is now. It responds alot better. But it will light the 315/35 (26") summitomos up anytime you want in 1st-3rd sometimes in 4th. Thats with 13psi fat whipple temporary tune (trying to get to the dyno next month). The top of 4th does come quick. Im not sure how much I like them yet. I need to get some tires and thought about going with the 315/45 (28") just for the highway cruising. That should put it back around a 3.80-3.90 gear

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Well i figure with the 4.10s there no point in romping on it in street trim but i like to get down at the track with my hoosiers on so i think it will be perfect, Once i got with a bigger supercharger/ more displacement Id go to either 390s or 373s

for now I want to get my 60s in the 1.5s and try my best to go for 10s with a posi port :)

racebronco2

Established Member
I have 4:10s in my Cobra and love it. I was a bit cautious at first because the Cobra was the first boosted RWD car I've owned and I didn't want too high of a gear, but it's won me a few races and will still run up past 160 in 5th.

Idk about 6th at 60mph, but at 80mph I run about 2700 rmps. Stock it was like 2300. So not bad of a change.

I checked out to see where 160mph is at with 4'10's and it's at 6900rpms. Most of us don't take our cars up that high.

woodboy25

Established Member
i have 4:10s in my cobra and love it. I was a bit cautious at first because the cobra was the first boosted rwd car i've owned and i didn't want too high of a gear, but it's won me a few races and will still run up past 160 in 5th.

Idk about 6th at 60mph, but at 80mph i run about 2700 rmps. Stock it was like 2300. So not bad of a change.

I love it. I know as i go bigger with power (right now i'm only at about what you are) i'll need a smaller gear, but other things have to get finished before that comes.

I say do it. If you don't like it you can always go back down. Starting the other way around makes it much harder. Start with 4:10s if it's too much drop back down to a 3:73 or motive's 3:90.

x2

woodboy25

Established Member
i put 4.10's in when I just had a 2.8 pulley. Loved it.

Upgraded to a ported blower and all the boltons. Shifted quite a bit more. Liked it.

Upgraded to a Kenne Bell and all the boltons. I hate my 4.10's. I can't wait to take them out and put 3.55's back in. Top of 4th gear comes way too quick and leaves me around 120mph on the street

yep did the same thing in mine going back down to a 3.55

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I like them at times, but same here, if I go bigger I going to have to step back down, so if I where you I would get 3:73's or at worse 3:90's and call it a day.

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
thanks a lot guys, i still think i am going to go with 410s for now because i need all the help i can get lol, plus Im trying to go for 10s with a posi port, trying to get as far as i can with the eaton but i defenitely agree when i get a TS ill back it down

now what brand of gears should i get?

Users who are viewing this thread