Guys with aftermarket seats....quick question?

BlownStangGT

Established Member
I am ordering some corbeau seats to replace my stockers. I was reading an install write up and the person that installed them took off the factory wiring harness from thier stock sets and hooked it up so the seat belt light wouldnt come on. Does anyone know if this is true for all models? I remmeber there was a way to delete the door chime, but will my light stay on if I dont hook up the wire? Thanks for the info!

RogerStout

Established Member
I just got my car so I cant add to your post, but I will offer that I think you are going to like those seats. I have them on my 94 and they are very comfortable and look damn good too..

023-1.gif

DaBigBone

Established Member
I have Corbeaus in my car. All I did was unbolt and unplug the stock ones, and bolt in the new ones. Never had any seatbelt light problems.

niterydr

Established Member
^^ I did exactly what Allblack02 said. If the wiring harness for the seatbelts isn't plugged in, it doesn't chime, you don't get the light or anything. Just moved the buckles over to the new seats and bolt them in!

BlownStangGT

Established Member
Saaaweeeeeeeeeeet! Thanks guys! UPS should be dropping the seats off about 1:00PM today!!!!!

Niterydr......maybe Ill run into you at cecil agian sometime! Im shooting for 11.50's now......

GTSARK22

Established Member
If this didn't work there is a real way to make the seat belt light turn off for good without the chime or light or any of that. There is a very specific buckle/unbuckle process that you should do for that result. PM me and i'll look it up if you need it. I know this is a late answer, but incase you ever want to ditch the factory seat belts and go with harnesses, this will solve all your problems.:)

cotchnobra

Established Member
If this didn't work there is a real way to make the seat belt light turn off for good without the chime or light or any of that. There is a very specific buckle/unbuckle process that you should do for that result. PM me and i'll look it up if you need it. I know this is a late answer, but incase you ever want to ditch the factory seat belts and go with harnesses, this will solve all your problems.:)

just a heads up also it is in your owners manual. I done this on quite a few mustangs and F-150's

Users who are viewing this thread