Guys with Boats/PWC's

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Guys, I just bought an 05 SeaDoo PWC and I have a quick question. I know that my 99L will tow it with no problem, but my concern is with taking it out of the water. I have seen so many cars and trucks get stuck on the wet, slippery ramp trying to pull their boat/pwc out of the water. Tires spinning, vehicle going nowhere... Do I need to worry about my truck having this problem? Is there anything I can do to prevent it? Thanks for the help.

BTW, My truck is a stock 99L with Goodyear F1 tires and the SeaDoo weigh's 875 pounds.

Thanks,

Kyle

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
No you wont have to worry about getting stuck with just pulling a PWC. You can practically pull them up the ramp by hand if you had good enough shoes. I used my L to pull our 16' lund up a very steep ramp and I just took off very slowly and had no problems.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
What kind of trailer do you have? When I had my PWC's, my truck tires never had to go in the water. Try a longer tongue if you have the room to store it.

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Guys, One more question for ya.. Today I am planning to run the power for the trailer lamps. What is the best way to do this? Should I just splice a wire into the trucks break light and run it to the trailer?

Thanks for the help...

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
I think uhaul sells a tee adapter that doesn't require you to cut any wires.. good luck

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i think your truck already had the pigtail for it so no splicing is needed
unless i am wrong all of the L's have the wiring already there
i know my 2000 does

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Mike, where should I look for these wires?

Thanks for all the help, IM lost when it comes to electrical stuff...

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
You wont have a problem getting it out of the water. I tow a 4500 pound speed boat and always get off the wet ramp without aproblem , I even had tow with DR's once and didnt have a problem. Was the hitch an option in 99 or was it standard? Cant remember.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Black99L said:
The hitch was an option. My truck does not have it. Im just using a 2 inch ball on the bumper.

The hitch has always be standard equipment as far as I know, did you buy your truck used?

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
if the ramp is the least bit wet you WILL spin tires, more so if the ramp is steep. All lightnings came with the trailer tow package I believe.. is it preowned? Here is a pic of my set up...

2002l.jpg

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
Hmm.. I bought my L with 3000 miles on it. It was used as a demo model. I guess thats why the tow package was not on. I always thought it was an option with 99-00.. My bad.

Blownsvtlightning... Have you ever gotten really stuck on the ramp, or has your truck always made it up pretty quick?

Thanks

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
I also have pulled my Seedoo out with no problems, with drag radials, and also my dads Bayliner , with no problems!! Just ease into the throttle and you'll be ok!!!

Have fun!!

By the way::: What Seedoo model did you get???

Users who are viewing this thread