Guys with longbars please help me out.

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
I want/need more traction. Sounds like longbars are the way to go. However i'm lowered way too much for them to work as i've read this many places on here. Could you guys w/ either jlp, lfp, or jdm bars post pics of where they're mounting them exactly and what the brackets look like up close. Basically, if you could, just crawl under there and snap a side shot of how they're located please. I'm a machinist and have been wanting to put together a project worthwhile, and these bars to fit my lowered L sound like a good one. Thanks in advance.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Rick had JDM longbars on that truck at one time with it lowered as is....They will fit... I would purchase a set of those since the truck has the holes already drilled in the frame for you.. That the worst part during installation...
Heres some pics of mine... Sorry not the best of pics...
PC130676.jpg

PC130674.jpg

PC130673.jpg

PC130670.jpg

PC130668.jpg

PC130666.jpg

Last edited:

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
thanks for the pics man! Yeah i was looking under there yesterday and noticed how it looked like some brackets had already been on there. Ha, you know more about my truck than i do! So are those JDM bars in your pics? And they look pretty low, i dont want to be hitting every speedbump i come across.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
JLP has the new revised long bars out, they're slightly shorter and allow clearance for lowered applications.

PatchofRubber

Established Member
so if i had a simple 2-inch drop in the back of my L would i need the shorter jlp long bars, what about exhaust would it hit. i have the dynatech.:shrug:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I think you could use any of the Long bar setups with just 2 inches.

not sure on the dynatech, it seems the bassani has to be tweaked for someone's long bars, I dont think it was JLPs past or present.

chesster51

Established Member
your truck is pre-drilled for the JDM/LFP 58" Bars

IIRC, the bottom two holes may already be there, but there is drilling involved, all four holes are not there. I do remember having to use a 90* drill for the install. Mine were LFP.

Last edited:

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
IIRC, the bottom two holes may already be there, but there is drilling involved, all four holes are not there. I do remember having to use a 90* drill for the install. Mine were LFP.

I have his old truck. He had bars on it. Thats why hes saying the holes are already there.

AustinSVT: check your pm's. I sent you somethiong about how to get the iopd adapter to play. Can't figure it out. And also, i think its lower in front and back from when you had it. The iso's are out and the back shackles are set lower. Like i read above, will i have to drill new holes?

Users who are viewing this thread