Guys with MTX Thunderform sub enclosure...questions.

SlowP38

Established Member
I need some better sound and I want some bass but with the limited real estate behind the seats that's not a small task. I've seen several people with the MTX Thunderforms but I need to know do they still allow for pretty good seat adjustibility? Would the seats let all the way back still? Or if anybody has any other suggestions on an enclosure that would allow for at least full adjustability on the front seat I'm listening.

203Cree

Established Member
Those boxes take up no more room than the utility box does. You WILL need an amp that pushes good power bridged tho. Make sure you check into that. And I'd replace the subs that come with it as well. I put Infinity's in mine in place of the MTX's. They'll fit, but you have to poke a couple new holes.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I can adjust my seat to any comfortable position I want, I've never had a problem, and I'm 6'1". I like the box.

txyaloo

Established Member
6'7 here... Seat all the way back too with no problems. My amp is mounted behind the console. Fits nicely between the subs. They are lacking some in bass response though...

slow232

I
Established Member
203Cree said:
Those boxes take up no more room than the utility box does. You WILL need an amp that pushes good power bridged tho. Make sure you check into that. And I'd replace the subs that come with it as well. I put Infinity's in mine in place of the MTX's. They'll fit, but you have to poke a couple new holes.

What infinity's do you have?

txyaloo

Established Member
lightninmike said:
6'6" here and i have no trouble, like Rob said, swap out the mtx subs............I put in some JL 10w6

I bet those sound good. How much room did you have to spare at the back of the box? I didn't think any JL's were shallow enough to fit.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
txyaloo said:
I bet those sound good. How much room did you have to spare at the back of the box? I didn't think any JL's were shallow enough to fit.
Well it is a tiny bit tight but they arnt squished in there. And these are like 7 years old now so its not the huge ones that are out now

203Cree

Established Member
Not the right one, lol. When I was running dual single truck boxes and could run my amp stereo instead of bridged, I had a Blaupunkt 300/2 class D that pushed super clean at low levels and crisp/tight at higher levels. Sadly, I'm using the same amp now, and let's just say it's not as good bridged. It's allright, but not the best setup ever.

Users who are viewing this thread