guys with vortechs and powerpipes

UCBeau

how do you keep the powerpipe from slipping off the blower inlet? that stupid rubber elbow slides off all the time, no matter how hard i tighten the hose clamp. wtf do i do?

JKD

Banned
SanDiego01Snake said:
how do you keep the powerpipe from slipping off the blower inlet? that stupid rubber elbow slides off all the time, no matter how hard i tighten the hose clamp. wtf do i do?

I've never had that problem with mine, but mine are pretty new to. If yours are older I would suggest replacing them with some newers ones. If not, I would think there is a issue with the fitting/alignment.

Leeroy697

Established Member
DONT GET ME STARTED ON THIS. I had this problem with mine for 2 years before me and a friend got creative with a few zip ties and now it wont budge. They are out of the way and you dont know they are there. When this first happend I called Rick at Anderson and he just about laughed at me and told me I was doing something wrong!!! There is nothing that you can do wrong when you install these. Either do what I did or take the thing off.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
mine stays on no problem. Loosen all your clamps, especially the one to the maf. You must clamp the rubber elbow to the blower inlet first. Clamp it down, THEN adjust the powerpipe once the elbow is on good and make sure it sits flush on top of the maf. Tighten the maf clamp down. Then lastly, tighten the clamp where the powerpipe meets the rubber elbow. You should be good to go after that.

Svtblack95

Established Member
i had the same problem but i did that zip tie mod and now it stays where its supposed to be

UCBeau

zip tie mod?

basically mine has the rubber elbow and a reducer that fits into the elbow and over the blower inlet. that rubber reducer stays on the elbow but not the blower. i'll try what you guys said about clamping it down first, after loosening all the other stuff.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Never had a problem here with it, going on 3 years :shrug:. If anything pops off of mine, it's the pipe going into the plenum. Did that a few times on the dyno and once on the street.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I have that problem. From time to time it will slip off. Lucky for me the Maf is set up as blow through so the car still runs fine when it falls off.

UCBeau

yea mine is set up for blow through right now too, it's just annoying when that tube comes off because no matter how hard i try and tighten it, it'll slip off fairly quickly.

UCBeau

yea that will be the next thing i try. maybe.

i may just strip the blower stuff off and sell that all

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
No, Don't do that. You could always get a piece of tubeing about 2 inches. Connect that to the SC first then connect the elbow to that. I heard that will take care of it for good.

Leeroy697

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
zip tie mod?

basically mine has the rubber elbow and a reducer that fits into the elbow and over the blower inlet. that rubber reducer stays on the elbow but not the blower. i'll try what you guys said about clamping it down first, after loosening all the other stuff.

Thats exactly what happens to mine. I think its that darn reducer.

UCBeau

Leeroy697 said:
Thats exactly what happens to mine. I think its that darn reducer.
yup I bet it's the reducer on mine too, it just slides off. i need to find a 90 degree rubber elbow that reduces without using another rubber insert.

pbm.cc

Established Member
this hasnt happend to me either, well yet!?

here is a thought:
if its the actual pipe slipping from the rubber fitting either on the MAF side or the 90* fitting, just get some duct tape and place it on the edge of the pipe cut it where it looks nice and not all rigged up.... then place the rubber fitting on that so that it can get good grip!

my 2 cents

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I've had 4 Vortechs with 4 different power pipes... never had one fall off dude... tighten the shit out of it, or get a new one like JKD said... maybe it was cut a litle short, and doesn't fit properly. Make sure the clamps are at the VERY end around the metal it is clamping around... this is VERY important, or the sleeve will move and fall off.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread