h and r ss ?

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
Im running 18x9 saleens with 265/35s on front and back. Got bilstein shocks and struts. What should the meaurements be from ground to fenderwell? Seems like is it still kind of high in the front. I measured about 27" in the front, and 26.5" in the back.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Common with H&R SS's. It's an issue a lot face with that set up. You can loose the ISO's up front and keep them in the rear. It'll settle it out better.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Im running 18x9 saleens with 265/35s on front and back. Got bilstein shocks and struts. What should the meaurements be from ground to fenderwell? Seems like is it still kind of high in the front. I measured about 27" in the front, and 26.5" in the back.

When were they installed? If there new they may need to settle some but alot of people remove the isos to give it a little more. I removed the isos on my 03 cobra whe I had it with these springs cause it still was a bit too high for me

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
Well, just confirmed with my guy, the springs were marked front and back so I guess they are right. Maybe they will settle a lil bit? Anybody know? Thanks.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Well, just confirmed with my guy, the springs were marked front and back so I guess they are right. Maybe they will settle a lil bit? Anybody know? Thanks.

They will settle some but like stated alot remove the isos to get some more drop. I would drive it for a few days then re-evaluate after they settle.

Last edited:

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
Yea, just don't know if i wanna remove the isos. Some people say its not bad, and some people say you better leave them in.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Yea, just don't know if i wanna remove the isos. Some people say its not bad, and some people say you better leave them in.

I removed mine with no issues. Leave them if you want the stance but there was no ill effects on noise or ride when removed.

NC Mystic

Established Member
this is probably a silly question but i have never seen it asked anywhere.

as far as i know the factory springs use isolators as well, could i pull all the iso's out of the front stock setup until i get springs cc plates etc to drop the nose just a tad for the time being?

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
Well, from what I've seen, people use the stock iso when lowering because they are thinner. So I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth it.

robb15033

Established Member
Stock iso's are thinner, and rubber, which is softer. I removed them, no issues. X2 balljoints are of high quality. I also used MM bumbsteer and MM C/C plates. Lastly, I also used Fox Body struts/shocks. Wait and see, most likely they will settle and you will feel very pleased. Congrats on job well done, Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread