h/c/i fox running 8# vs. pullied cobra

ShaneN.

Established Member
I'm about to buy a 90 coupe, only because I can't afford a Terminator, and under the hood will be holly systemax intake, edelbrock performer heads, e303 cam and a Vortech S-Trim at 8# of boost. I'm curious to how it would hold up against pullied 03/04's. I know a similar car ran 11.4 on slicks last season around here with an AOD.

I wanna know how I'd do if i happen to run into one as i'm cruising down the street (from a roll).

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
I'm going to assume the fox is done right, and has all the other necessary supporting mods (and a good tune!).

If so, the cobras shouldn't take you lightly. Some will win, others won't.

A blown h/c/i fox is nothing to sneeze at. :banana:

ShaneN.

Established Member
the car is an AOD. i'm just wondering how I'd fair fro a stop and a roll.

I guess stock cobras wouldn't be much of a problem at all eh?

Power Trip

Established Member
Could go either way. Some pullied guys are running 118-125mph in the quarter. It varies, and trap speeds are what really makes the difference on the street races.

Your car should make some great power. Id stick converter in it, along with a shift kit.

Edit- a h/c/i 5.0 with the usually mods should be able to beat a stock cobra, so with ur SC stockers will be no prob.

Last edited:

ShaneN.

Established Member
thank you, that helps. i wanted to trade in on a cobra to drive an 11 sec DD but I just can't afford it so I'm finding another way to do it. :beer:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I would swap out the S-trim for a YSI-trim...I know of one that put down some sweet numbers (AOD also) before he wrecked it...it should be back up and running soon though...by sick i mean, mid 700rwhp+

Users who are viewing this thread