H/C/I Tuned C6Z06 at TX2K15

Bokeo

Established Member
Buddy sent me all his footage to edit together for him. His Z06 makes 550 rwhp and has some very wide tires out back. Having driven this thing, I can say its pretty damn fast for no boost or juice yet.

Enjoy ;-)

[youtube_browser]lMTBIFdGfnc[/youtube_browser]

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
So much for Mustangs being slow. Every single Mustang in the vid just about walked the Vette. I don't see [people's reasoning, lol

adidasUNT8

Established Member
So much for Mustangs being slow. Every single Mustang in the vid just about walked the Vette. I don't see [people's reasoning, lol
bc Tx2k

That black Cobra surprised the chit out of me! Don't see many move out like that against a modded Z
Bc Tx2k.... Can't expect to win many races with a non power adder at Tx2k...
The 'other' side of Texas : El Paso

Ahhh that's not texas lol :)

Troponin

Established Member
bc Tx2k

Bc Tx2k.... Can't expect to win many races with a non power adder at Tx2k...

Ahhh that's not texas lol :)

I realize that. It's common to see 800hp+ out there and several with 1200+. However, after being on the SVT forums for a while, as awesome as the Cobras are, I realize how much work it takes to get them pushing those big numbers. We are talking about a car that, if it reaches 500whp, that is very impressive, beating a car that is much lighter, and is pushing an easier 550whp.

stangfreak

Established Member
I realize that. It's common to see 800hp+ out there and several with 1200+. However, after being on the SVT forums for a while, as awesome as the Cobras are, I realize how much work it takes to get them pushing those big numbers. We are talking about a car that, if it reaches 500whp, that is very impressive, beating a car that is much lighter, and is pushing an easier 550whp.

what do you mean pushing an easier 550rwhp? all you have to do is port the eaton and your making over 500rwhp with basic bolt ons and supporting fuel mods and you have a high 10 second car with a good driver with no engine work. Any car that is making 800-1200rwhp will take work lol. some do it with less boost. Im not in anyway saying the cobra is "the best" Im a poor white boy and my cobra makes over 700rwhp with nothing special done to it on a little 4.6 with old technology and stock motor with bad cam timing from the factory so im making a little less power than your average cobra.

Anyway, that h/c/i z06 is just nasty. Im a chevy guy as well. (zo6 only lol) sick car man. c6 z06 is on my bucket list. Must have one.

Troponin

Established Member
what do you mean pushing an easier 550rwhp? all you have to do is port the eaton and your making over 500rwhp with basic bolt ons and supporting fuel mods and you have a high 10 second car with a good driver with no engine work. Any car that is making 800-1200rwhp will take work lol. some do it with less boost. Im not in anyway saying the cobra is "the best" Im a poor white boy and my cobra makes over 700rwhp with nothing special done to it on a little 4.6 with old technology and stock motor with bad cam timing from the factory so im making a little less power than your average cobra.

Anyway, that h/c/i z06 is just nasty. Im a chevy guy as well. (zo6 only lol) sick car man. c6 z06 is on my bucket list. Must have one.

So what you're saying is, most Cobra owners on this site have at least 700whp?

Troponin

Established Member
I was thinking the same thing. BTWhow much power is your whipple 5.0 making?

Me? Whipple? I have a ROUSH TVS. It's currently just using the ROUSH calibrations until I get a custom tune. I am taking it this summer to get an 82mm pulley, intake, then Dyno tuned. It should put down a very safe 575-600whp. The 47# injectors go lean above that, but because I don't race, I am not worried about getting it higher. 600whp on the street is plenty for me, especially considering that will put my car in to the 10s and be faster than a majority of cars I would ever come across on the street. If I ever get the bug, I'll build up the bottom end and go bigger, but I am alright with 575-600 for now

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i expected more out of the vette for some reason. didn't it say the other z's he raced were stock?? he got murdered by the '13blower swapped GT500--that should have been a driver's race. maybe i'm wrong? the stickers on the dash definitely do not add power.

Bokeo

Established Member
i expected more out of the vette for some reason. didn't it say the other z's he raced were stock?? he got murdered by the '13blower swapped GT500--that should have been a driver's race. maybe i'm wrong? the stickers on the dash definitely do not add power.

Mods on the other Z06 are unknown. Also have to consider the cameraman in the Z is not a small guy.

Users who are viewing this thread