H-Pipe Installed

Stinger99

Established Member
Put the H-pipe on, WAS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ARSE.

Put on a set of FMS headers and, bypassed the smog pump witjh A 75" belt.

Few Q's thou.

1st.
We cut the air pipe that puts air in the h-pipe, Now there 2 vacum lines that are pluged with a metal dowl pins and hose clamped shut. Is there something they sell that would plug those the right way?

2nd.
the pipe the comes from the back of the head (I dont know what it is called) is also pluged with a hose and bolt, would that be o.k. for now. what should i get for that?

3rd.
After everything was finished I took the car for a ride and when ever I slow down to a stop the idle drops to 500rpm's and feels like it is gonna die. What could that be?

thanks.

WillyB93

Established Member
The piece on the back of the head can be taken off and plugged with like a freeze plug but hard to get done with the motor in the car. Or if you want to cut the original pipe on the back of the head you cut the tube by the pieces that mount to the back of the head flip them over and re-bolt to the opposite sides of the head to block the hole. There is no good way to plug the vacuum line, the way you have it is fine. The idle problem is you have changed the air flow threw the motor you may have to adjust the idle screw a little!!!

buddha93

Established Member
It's called a thermactor tube.

Like Willy said, that crossover tube can be unbolted and the holes plugged.

Are you talking about the hard plastic vacuum lines that you have dowels in?

buddha93

Established Member
Yea, I haven't seen any good way of doing it.

As far as the idle, dunno. Did you leave the EGR hooked up?

buddha93

Established Member
Not sure about the idle then. I'm guessing it started when you made these changes, so I'd start there and work your way back.

Stinger99

Established Member
Well, I did some forum searches and found this out, The low idle is the computer trying to relearn.

My idle is bouncing around from 6-800 rmp's. I do have a exhaust leak, pretty bad one.
I have to go buy those gaskets from autozone and hope that fixes the leak.

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks buddha93 for the correct name on the part. I have a lot of friends that have taken that part of their GT cars and that's what they did to block the holes in the head.

Users who are viewing this thread