H pipe or x pipe

Santiago

Established Member
Sup guys i have a 2013 gt i know theres alot of opinions out there just wondering what would be the best to go with .. A off-road x pipe or should i go with an h pipe ? I have roush axle back ???

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Do you prefer deep or raspy? h pipes sound like Leonidas in his final moments and X-Pipes sound like an opera singer losing their voice. I kid I kid. It seriously. X-pipes with be high pitched whereas the H will have a deeper growl to it.

I've heard nice sounding 5.0's with X's, but, they won't sound as good as one with an H, as long as they have a good set of headers and/or mufflers to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santiago

Established Member
So if i add a off road x pipe ? Its gonna be raspy ? I would love too add some krooks heades to my car but for now i just dont see my self spending 1,700 $$ i rather spend it on more power ..

KushBandit

Established Member
I vote for an H pipe. As for performance, the X pipe might have 2-3rwhp more, while the H pipe will have 2-3rwtq on the bottom end. Nothing to even think about, IMHO.

I vote for the H pipe because these coyote engines can get pretty raspy real quick.

04snakie

Established Member
Love my full kooks exhaust with o/r x-pipe. Quiet while cruising and loud as hell when I on it... To me it's not that raspy, and trust me I have heard some raspy exhaust. Since you not getting full exhaust, I would go with the h-pipe since you have the roush ab. The roush ab is on the loud side in my opinion.

noldevin

Established Member
It's just a matter of sound preference. Watch some youtube videos of similar setups with x vs h to get an idea, or hit up a local meet if you have one.

Users who are viewing this thread