H&R race spring owners come inside

Termilvr

Established Member
I received my springs today and to start wasnt happy with how they were packaged. They came in a big box with some packing paper inside and were not protected at all and scattered all over the box. I would have assumed they would have came in a box with slot for each spring. how did yours come packaged. my next question is i know they have f and r stamped to designate front and rear but the front have L/S on them. does this state if it is a right or left side spring because i received 2 L/S. I will re frame from naming the vendor.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Mine came in an H&R box and they had separate slots for each spring. I have not installed them yet but as far as i know its just fronts and backs and i dont think left to right matters because they both have same spring rate from side to side so it will not matter. Hope this helps you out.

Ukfox89

Established Member
my race springs had instructions that referred to which side was which. i dont remember but the tighter wound ones i believe go in the front and then they had a designation for right and left because the way they are wound i believe. i cant remmeber, but i know they do mark them. and apart from the paint, what will it matter if they are seperated? they have the 3500lb weight of your car on them, whats them hitting each other going to matter?

Termilvr

Established Member
my race springs had instructions that referred to which side was which. i dont remember but the tighter wound ones i believe go in the front and then they had a designation for right and left because the way they are wound i believe. i cant remmeber, but i know they do mark them. and apart from the paint, what will it matter if they are seperated? they have the 3500lb weight of your car on them, whats them hitting each other going to matter?

Well if they are designated right to left then I received two lefts. No instructions in the box and it wasn't even square anymore. It was about to burst open, I didn't even need a knife. When you work hard for your money and you purchace something and it is not handled with car you will understand.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ripnesscobra

Established Member
The front springs are identical and the rear springs are identical. They are not side specific. All 4 of my springs say R/W. I have seen pictures of other sets which all say N/Y. You have nothing to worry about that both of your fronts say L/S. Hope this helps.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
The L/S doesn't mean left side.

I think it's their internal means of batch or lot trace-ability. I've seen them with X/P, T/V, X/W, N/Y.

Just went out to the garage and the fronts I took off my car both say C/S on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread