H&R Race Springs..Isolators or no Isolators?

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Im thinking of making the switch over to H&R Race Springs before I bring my car back out for the year. I cannot find any good info whether or not I should run the isolators and would like some info from people here that are running this spring. Should I install them or leave them out?

Im currently running FRPP B-springs without isolators and the front of my car is slammed. Im trying to get away from that but dont want the car to sit too high as well.

mvr

Established Member
I run the H&R race springs with factory isolators.

Not sure what affects ride height.. also have a qa1 kmember, steeda offset stearing rack bushings, steeda x2 balljoint, steeda bumpsteer, and MM c/c plates.

10270840_572890851370_2106107235490259497_n.jpg

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Your car looks great! The X2 balljoints do lower the car further as well. I should have put those in when I did balljoints a couple years back.

Im going to throw all of them in when I do the install and go from there. I love the look of having the front slammed, but its not practical where I live.

balls deep

Established Member
i have the race springs and took the iso's out cuz it was sitting too high. i do notice a bit more noise but it looks a hell of a lot better. I only took the front ones out and gave it a muscle car stance. my shocks are gone though now I am switching to coilovers.

balls deep

Established Member
i have the race springs and took the iso's out cuz it was sitting too high. i do notice a bit more noise but it looks a hell of a lot better. I only took the front ones out and gave it a muscle car stance. my shocks are gone though now I am switching to coilovers.
IMG_0072.JPG

03' White Snake

Established Member
Leave them all out, but use the spacer from X2's. That is what I am running and have been for 8 years now.

Without the X2 spacers, the front tires will rub and wear through your splash guards after a while. Gone through a few sets hahaha.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Leave them all out, but use the spacer from X2's. That is what I am running and have been for 8 years now.

Without the X2 spacers, the front tires will rub and wear through your splash guards after a while. Gone through a few sets hahaha.

Any pics of your car on H&R's without iso's? Ive really been debating on doing no iso's as well but dont feel like having to do the work twice if its too low and I end up needing to run one

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
My car had H&R race on it when I bought it. I can see them in the rear so I know that's what it's got but the PO didn't know if it had ISO's or not. I'm thinking it has to have them all in and it's not at all slammed or really even that low but looks and rides nice. No noises or scraping unless it's pretty big dip. Tires are 18's. 275/35 - 305/35

20170218_145000_zpsgiqcbgnq.gif

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
this is me on one knee to get a straight side shot. as you can see it's not all that low
20170218_103452_zps9bzqwuhl.gif

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
H&R Race with all MM Poly ISO's in. Only 1" drop in rear and .75" front from stock. I would have left the rear out if I do it again.
DSC02424 - Copy (800x450).jpg

Franco

Established Member
16617de655a7eea7ff125b53673bd46d.jpg

Race springs. All factory isos in the rear. Removed top factory ISO from the top and bottom ISO is still in.

Although all other components are factory looking to upgrade to a bumpsteer kit soon

nxhappy

Established Member
what is the difference between removing the top iso vs the bottom iso? I don't want a shit load of noise lol...

Users who are viewing this thread