H&R Race Springs + Smaller Swaybar

torquer

Established Member
So after some discussion with friends and the fine folks at Maximum Motorsports, I decided to do some suspension upgrades. I opted for the H&R race springs, a 27mm GT front swaybar I had laying around in the garage, and polyurethane isolators.

The poly isolators were meant to minimize drop, while the smaller front swaybar was meant to reduce the understeer.

I opted to keep the stock dampers in place as well, as it seems the stock 03 Bilsteins are stronger than the aftermarket "Sport" versions.

Except for some problems getting the passenger rear spring to go in, the install went well yesterday.

In comparison to my father's 03 Anniversary model with stock suspension, the front end was lowered approx 5/8" with a 3/4" drop in the rear.

Ride quality is slightly firmer, but definitely acceptable. Stock dampers seem up to the task as well, and understeer is now replaced with some very mild oversteer.

All in all a very good upgrade for $260 :)

torquer

Established Member
Not yet... son of a bitch is dirty as hell, but since I'm getting dynoed tomorrow I don't want to clean it just so someone can get their greasy paws on it. I'll get it washed tomorrow and then take pics tomorrow evening and post them.

The drop isn't severe by any means. I'd say its very comparable to V6/GTs with 1.5" drop springs.

Users who are viewing this thread