H&R race springs

jophis37

Established Member
I've done a lot of searching and still can't find the answer. Maybe you guys can help me out.

I just got done installing a set of H&R race springs w/ stock ISO's. For those of you w/ the same setup, did it take longer for the fronts to settle than the rear?

My rear has come down more than the fronts. Almost 2 fingers width. The fronts have only gone down 1/4 inch or so. I've benn driving it around and going over speed bumps trying to help the springs settle but nothing has changed. know some say it will take a while for the springs to set but my buddies car was set w/ in he time it took to drive home from the shop we used. and if I believe the rear was higher than his front.

I was thinking of taking out the top ISO's on the front, but thought I'd give it more time to settle.

Oh I'm also running Lakewood 70/30 struts in the front. Do you think that may have something to do w/ it?

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
mine did the same thing and personally i dont like the look of the rear sagging more than the front. of course i didnt read or hear about that problem till after i had installed them hehe...figures.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I have the same set up.

I never let mine settle, it went to the allignment shop right away.

My car is more less even i would say, no difference either way.

jophis37

Established Member
BeattySTi said:
mine did the same thing and personally i dont like the look of the rear sagging more than the front. of course i didnt read or hear about that problem till after i had installed them hehe...figures.

So did you end up taking out any of the front isolaters? I'm thinking of taking the front tops out, but that's only worth 1/4", I'm not sure it'll be enough.

mnewxcv

Established Member
03Sandy said:
1/4 inch at the spring = 1/2 inch minimum at the eyebrow due to the geometry. The spring is inboard.

still might not be good enough if the rear is lower in the first place

SICKBOY

Established Member
search and those runnin no iso have no ill effect and a uniform drop on all four corners

SVTPaul

Established Member
I have H&R Race springs...put them in last summer replacing my H&R Sports/no isos combo (WAY too low!!). I put in brand new factory isos top and bottom and the car sits perfect. It's near level, perhaps just a shade higher in the rear for a raked look. I was very pleased with how it came out. I don't know what's going on in your case because mine looked fine right after it was done...maybe some slight settling in the front.

jophis37

Established Member
Well I've put 200 miles on the car, gone over several speed bumps, and also a long dirt road w/ lots ob bumps, and the front and rear are almost even in height. I can get three fingures in all the way around, although the rear is diff a tighter squeeze.

I wouldn't mind taking the ISO's out, but I'm not looking to be that low. I just want the there to be a slight rake to it.

The back dropped considerably where as the fronts barely dropped, I wonder what could cause this? I know I installed the springs correctly and have everything in it's properplace..

alchemy

Established Member
I put them on my car last winter. The fronts settled fast and the rears took a few days of driving to come down.

I think the car sits perfect now....

P1010062.gif

SVTPaul

Established Member
Nice pic Alchemy! That looks exactly like the stance I got using the same combination of springs and isos. Maybe not all H&R Race springs are created equal :shrug:

alchemy said:
I put them on my car last winter. The fronts settled fast and the rears took a few days of driving to come down.

I think the car sits perfect now....

P1010062.gif

jophis37

Established Member
Well, the front didn't seem to wanna come down on it's own, so I took the fron top ISO's out. It looks a lot better. Ther front dropped another 3/8" or so, and it was enough to make the front look like it's been lowered. No wierd squeeks yet, so we'll see how it settles. I think it's done though.
Thanks for your input guys...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
RIGHT after i installed my springs the rear definitely seemed like it dropped more than the front. I thought my front was going to settle after a bit but no, the front still has too much space. I might either take the front iso's off or go with 18" rims.

Users who are viewing this thread