H&R Sport Springs Ordered

tec7426

Established Member
AFter reading recent threads about these, I ordered the H&R Sport Springs for the '03 Cobra. Now I am having second thoughts.
1) Will an alignment be required?
2) Are there any negatives (after the fact) to putting these on, i.e., ride quality/harshness or being too low?
:??:

blwn88cpe

Established Member
I think the alignment is probably a good idea. As far as negatives I think it depends on the car and your local roads. Some guys say the SS springs with MM isolators has a nice stance without being too low. Others say the race springs are the way to go. I've seen pictures of both and they both look good. I'm still trying to decide which ones to go with also. I will most likely use the MM isolators with whatever I decide to get. Good luck.:beer:

EXTREME_G

Established Member
cancel your order. i had the sports on my '01GT they suck'd didn't lower the car maybe .5":bash: and a alignment will be need'd with any springs ride around on them for about a week.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by EXTREME_G
cancel your order. i had the sports on my '01GT they suck'd didn't lower the car maybe .5":bash: and a alignment will be need'd with any springs ride around on them for about a week.
Mine dropped fine and rides just like stock with the exc. of a little better cornering... you'll be fine, if you are worried about being too low the MM isolators work great.

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
a friend on mine has the ss, but i dont like that the rear looks lower thatn the front...i heard that the race lowers the front a bit more than the rear...is this true, anyone have pics of the race springs..

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by errray's 03 svt
a friend on mine has the ss, but i dont like that the rear looks lower thatn the front...i heard that the race lowers the front a bit more than the rear...is this true, anyone have pics of the race springs..
This definately is not the case for me.. THe front is significantly lower than the rear... you may be thinking of the race... I have not seem them in person..

WDW MKR

Established Member
I love my SS springs! Nothing matches them in the look department, in my opinion... but I'm biased! ;-) I have not yet gotten my car aligned b/c I'm thinking of installing the balljoint kit beforehand. The ride is no harsher than stock, but the handling is certainly better. You need to watch out for abrubt drop-offs and speed bumps, but it's worth it. Anyone who has seen my car immediately compliments the springs. :thumbsup:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
The SS springs are fine. You will like them very much. I have them and the car looks great. Lower in the front than the rear, no problems.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
just got done putting the h&r sport springs on my 03 cobra vert
(THANKS JOHN!!!!!) and they look awesome! exactly what i wanted.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by GETTEUP
The rears were a PIA! use a spring compressor!
They were? I raised budy with blocks under rear subframe so IRS was just suspended by body/frame. Put a jack under LCA so you can get shock bolt out and repeat on other side. I then cut a 4x4 long enough to span from side to side, one LCA mounting point to other and used a floor jack under center of board to support IRS and then removed the 2 rear IRS subframe bolts. Slowly lowered rear of subframe and springs fall out, moved isolators over to new H&R's and jacked up rear of IRS and put her back together, peice of cake.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Here are a couple of pics with the H&R Sport Springs.
About 1 1/2" of drop:
358030_53_full.jpg

358030_54_full.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread