H&R sport springs?

fast Ed

Established Member
Been quite a while since I posted here … previous owner of many various Fords, recently picked up a really clean low mile 12 GT500 with SVTPP and Recaros. I would like to lower it a bit, and not kill the ride too much. Mostly for street driving but it will see a few track days too. Anyone have experience with the mildest H&R springs in an 11-12 car, preferably with SVTPP? Hoping to reuse the factory dampers at least for now. Tried doing some searching here but didn’t see any relevant results.

Thank you,

Ed N.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
H&R Sport springs are a great option for lowering while providing a good balance between comfort and performance. The springs are not harsh, but travel is obviously decreased with 1" lowering springs by design. I installed Bilstein HD struts and shocks, and coupled with my H&R Sport springs, they offer a controlled and dampened ride that performs much better than the OEM suspension setup. I originally wanted to go with adjustable struts and shocks because I am picky about ride quality, but I am very pleased with my current setup and have no regrets going with the non-adjustable Bilsteins.

I think most Ford owners are hesitant to install German engineered parts on their vehicle, but they really are quality parts. I had a friend with a 911S Porsche that convinced me to give them a try, and I have no regrets.

You should consider a MM K-Member if tracking your car: Winter mod review

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Cliffnote's: EIbach Pros are a good option too

Speaking from having an 11 and a 12 w/ performance pack,
I ran the Eibach Pros because thats what everyone else had done and its proven to work. Have them on my 13 as well

Ride quality was not affected.
The height of the car was lowered slightly
No marks on the pavement from my headers and midpipe, including speed bumps

fast Ed

Established Member
Thanks guys. I hadn’t looked at the Eibachs since they are typically a 1.5” drop or more, but looking at the listing for the car it shows 1.0 / 1.2” which I would be fine with. I have used Eibachs in several previous cars and been satisfied with them.

@1Kona_Venom did you stay with the factory dampers in your cars?

@SCGallo2 I’ve considered doing a set of Bilsteins at the same time, I was happy with them in an 07 GT I used to have which saw some track days. For now though I am mostly looking for the cosmetic factor of lowering, trying not to spend a bunch on the car right off the bat. The MM K-member would be nice addition for sure, but going further than I want to at this point. I do a bit of coaching at HPDEs, and these days I drive at a pretty casual pace when I am out there in my own car, maybe 75-80% of what I’m capable of getting out of it, just tooling around having a bit of fun in exchange for the right seat duties.

For now I’m just thinking springs, adjustable panhard bar, rear lower control arm brackets, and MM caster plates (have a line on an unused set of those from a local friend).

I would put $1K toward a Torsen diff unit before I spent roughly the same on the MM K-member, it would be more beneficial on track IMO. Had the T2R version in the 07 GT and it was magic compared to the stock clutch pack diff. Really improved corner exit and being able to adjust the angle of the car mid-corner with small throttle adjustments. More recently I owned a 17 GT PP which includes the factory Torsten which worked pretty well too.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

Ed

LS WUT

Established Member
Cliffnote's: EIbach Pros are a good option too

Speaking from having an 11 and a 12 w/ performance pack,
I ran the Eibach Pros because thats what everyone else had done and its proven to work. Have them on my 13 as well

Ride quality was not affected.
The height of the car was lowered slightly
No marks on the pavement from my headers and midpipe, including speed bumps
I’ve got those as well. I just need to install them lol.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. I hadn’t looked at the Eibachs since they are typically a 1.5” drop or more, but looking at the listing for the car it shows 1.0 / 1.2” which I would be fine with. I have used Eibachs in several previous cars and been satisfied with them.

@1Kona_Venom did you stay with the factory dampers in your cars?

@SCGallo2 I’ve considered doing a set of Bilsteins at the same time, I was happy with them in an 07 GT I used to have which saw some track days. For now though I am mostly looking for the cosmetic factor of lowering, trying not to spend a bunch on the car right off the bat. The MM K-member would be nice addition for sure, but going further than I want to at this point. I do a bit of coaching at HPDEs, and these days I drive at a pretty casual pace when I am out there in my own car, maybe 75-80% of what I’m capable of getting out of it, just tooling around having a bit of fun in exchange for the right seat duties.

For now I’m just thinking springs, adjustable panhard bar, rear lower control arm brackets, and MM caster plates (have a line on an unused set of those from a local friend).

I would put $1K toward a Torsen diff unit before I spent roughly the same on the MM K-member, it would be more beneficial on track IMO. Had the T2R version in the 07 GT and it was magic compared to the stock clutch pack diff. Really improved corner exit and being able to adjust the angle of the car mid-corner with small throttle adjustments. More recently I owned a 17 GT PP which includes the factory Torsten which worked pretty well too.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

Ed

Ed,
Yes sir, I kept the OEM shocks and struts. Eventually I changed out the ones on my blue 2011 for Koni adjustables and all was good.

I never needed the caster /camber plates, but did need the $30.00 caster bolts or camber bolts that Eibach sells

All 3 of my Shelbys benefited greatly from;
Adjustable Panhard Bar
UCA Mount and Upper Control Arm
Lower Control Arms w/ relocation brackets
If your just noodling around town you can do urethane bushings, not spherical.

Enclosed a couple pictures to help you decide

20200503_140252.jpg

IMG_20221001_145519_915.jpg

20201105_200318.jpg

kodiakmustang

Established Member
You'll like them. On my 2010, same experience as previous posts. I put the springs, Koni orange, MM shorter bumpstops, upgraded 2011+ strut mount, and adj panhard bar. I already had adj LCA's on it. Car's alignment went fine with only one change....a 180* rotation of the DS strut mount to move the camber 0.5*.

Users who are viewing this thread