H&R springs need some help guys!

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
Well I put my 18x9 and 18x10.5 03 cobra wheels and 275/35/18 pilots and 335/30/18 pilots on last night.....stuffed! hehe they look great but it looks great if you like 4x4's. So I need some input from any that have H&R springs. These rear tires are big! but she has to go down. first question....are there 3 different H&R springs for IRS cobras? (btw mines a vert) sport, super sport and race? or are there just 2 different ones and some people just dont say or write the "super" in super sports. what will fit? I know they will all fit up front np but these back tires are huge so I cant go to low or risk hitting the wheel well lip. are the super sports lower than the race? are the race to firm for daily drivers 10k a year in a state know for some of the worst roads? I plan on going 03-04 spec shocks (will be another post) Tirerack seems to be the best price for these springs so got that covered. part numbers would help alot also any measurements from your cars.

The info on my car now is rear tires 25 1/2" tall - deck to wheel lip 29 1/2".

Front tire 25 1/4" tall - deck to wheel lip 28 1/4"

The minute I think I have all the info I need I'm ordering the stuff and putting it on the day it comes in. then I'll post before and after pics

What about race for rear (if there taller) and for the higher spring weight incase i have say 3 or 4 people total in the car. Anyone sell just front or rear springs like that?

THANK YOU ALL AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS!!!

RGrossman

Established Member
The rear tire will not hit the lip when lowered. I have a spacers on and it barely rubs the corner of the fender at stock height with alot of people in the back. With the car lowered and no spacers my cars rear tires will clear the fender lip and so should yours.

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
but my tires are flush with the outside. these tires mounted on the car are almost 14" wide! lol or do you have the same wheel tire combo as i do

btw No spacers were needed as i knew i was lowering it and had about 1/4" clearence from IRS bolt at stock height. (after some grinding of the bolt)

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm running the AFS 10.5 and 335/30/18 combo. When the rear tire is compressed up it misses the fender lip on my car. Yours must be different but I can already tell I won't have an issue.

Worst case, cut some slits in the lip and bend some of it up...

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
RGrossman

I can see what you mean now. what springs did you go with and do you have a pic you could send me?

Users who are viewing this thread