H&R Springs on their 2011? Post other brands and pics pls>>>

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
I am considering the H&R Race Springs for my 2012 5.0. I have loved them in my 07'. Is anyone running this combonation and if so, can you please share a pic. Adding the specifics of your setup (ie. all of the components changed) would be helpful.

Many thanks.

~Darren

Bad Intention

Established Member
I dont have H&R on my 2011 . but had them on my 04 cobra and they were good.
I have Eibach Pro Kit 1" Front 1.5" Rear, Adj. panhard bar.
122910_0040.jpg

122910_0030.jpg

Entrenched

Established Member
H & R race springs

It's low! I have to use ramps to pick the car up enough to jack it up. Can't get a two post under it and can only use a four post with really long ramps. Putting it on my trailer is an adventure and I have a dove tail and really long ramps.

DSCN3950.jpg

DSCN3952.jpg

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
couple of my friends from the M3 community were not big fans of the H&R's on their rides. they said they ride was very harsh. I perfer eibachs myself.

04snakie

Established Member
It's low! I have to use ramps to pick the car up enough to jack it up. Can't get a two post under it and can only use a four post with really long ramps. Putting it on my trailer is an adventure and I have a dove tail and really long ramps.

DSCN3950.jpg

DSCN3952.jpg

Low, but very mean looking stance! Very nice!:thumbsup:

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
My H&R(super sport's?) springs get put on tomorrow Ill take some Pic's and post tomorrow nite.

2011GT5.0

Established Member
I'm curious to know if any of you experience the front struts bottoming out on large bumps. Are they harsh as daily drivers?( summer only ).

zilla8

Established Member
I like my Eibach Pro Kit springs,
the ride is not to harsh and they work well with my other suspension mods

Koni STR.T shocks,MM CC plates,MM Adj panhard bar,BMR panhard brace,UPR Adj UCA and mount,Billet LCA's

pcc2-1.jpg

imsuperman

Established Member
Your Roush Springs look killer. How is the ride? Any scrubbing? Else did you have to do with the suspension?

Thanks...

~Darren

The ride is not rough at all since I only dropped it an inch to keep the factory struts. There is no scrubbing and nothing else done to the suspension. Rear lower control arms are going on next.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
couple of my friends from the M3 community were not big fans of the H&R's on their rides. they said they ride was very harsh. I perfer eibachs myself.

Thats kind of misleading. Different cars and probably different spring rates. Who knows maybe your friends have the super sports which lower the most and decrease the ride quality. The race springs on average don't lower the car as much and the ride quality is a hair stiffer than stock. Atleast this holds true for the 03-04 cobras, but every car is different.

Another thing that is misleading is people change springs and blame the harsh ride on the spring, while really the struts and shocks are what creates the harsh ride. If the spring rates are way different than stock, then the stock struts and shocks are insufficient and not working properly.

Last edited:

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Any update on the SuperSports? Also, is anyone running BMR Springs? Still leaning toward the H&R Race units - how is the ride on those in the newer cars? My 07 is rough but the handling is KILLER - actually outcorners my old 2003 M3.
~Darren

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread