H&R Springs- Review

High_Ram

Established Member
Originally posted by High_Ram

I noticed on MM's web site they had a part number for the Super sports, but H&R's website doesn't list the Super sports, just the Sports, but w/ the same part number? What gives???

What's the part number for the Super Sports??

Thanx

sweet10th

Established Member
I gotta say Brad that is probably the baddest looking cobra from the rear ive eva seen.
Hopefully mine will look the same , just waiting on spring install , i already have SSR GT3's with 315 on the car and ive just ordered my borla stinger ...so if mine turns out with your looks then im a happy camper.
Whay do you mean by you had to hammer the inside ?
Not sure about that , right now i have my 315's on and i have 1/2 clearance on the inside of the wheel...between the IRS and the wheel.
03yllwguy i'll post my results for ya all to see including pics.
As for the part # for the super sports its :- 51659

lifter213

Established Member
Love my H&R's. The ride height is perfect. Have absolutely no problems scraping but that's me. You just have to know how to drive and take things at the right angle. My daily driver is a S10 truck that is slammed so that makes my Cobra with the H&R's a breeze driving. I'll drag a coke can laying on its side if i drive over it in my truck :lol1:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
I think a big thing in this is the isolators and the fact that your car is also a convertible. Convertibles have a bigger and lower hanging from kmember then the coupes... more like the brace up front that is so low.

I have absolutely no problems on my coupe. Granted its prob a tad higher than yours because of the urethane isolators.

sweet10th

Established Member
lol , i was thinking that too.
Those Bilsteins are like 120 each for the rears and like 220 each for the fronts.
At least they was when i put them on my roush.

konakimo

Established Member
I`ve had the H&Rs for about three weeks now with the stock isolaters and shocks, ride is good IMO, I only scrape the exhaust bolts on the cat back, I need to rotate the clamps to the side, no bid deal. I have the afs 18x10.5 rears w/275/40 (tires from my gt)and 1/4" spacer to make the wheels look even at the fender well and with full tank of gas and a big dip in the road the rear tires are scraping somewhere, its only happened two times and its just a little but im concerned about going to 315 because of this, I may go with a different rear shocks and remove the spacers because those 315s look bad ass.

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
Original post sounded like the stock Bilstein's were switched out to some other Bilstein's. Is this true and if so what did you switch to and why. Or did I misread the post and you kept the stock shocks and struts.

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Originally posted by Ricks01Cobra
Original post sounded like the stock Bilstein's were switched out to some other Bilstein's. Is this true and if so what did you switch to and why. Or did I misread the post and you kept the stock shocks and struts.

I got Bilstein HDs for the rear because I got a solid axle out of a 99 GT and I didnt want GT shocks on the rear.

Stock Cobra Bilsteins are the same.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
sweet car man, did you have it installed or do it yourself? If you had em done, how much if ya dont mind me askin?

cboutme

Established Member
H&R springs are the best buy for the money! I have had mine for 2 months, and the drop is aggressive. 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the back. The only complaint is that I have a pop noise in the front end when I turn the wheel for a u turn! I have to get that checked into. I don't have an idea what it could be!!

TRBO VNM

Race or Super Sports?

I see some bought the Super Sports and other bought the Race. What is the difference? The race are suppose to be a bit stiffer or have a harsher ride? I know someone said they really weren't. Other than that, what is the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread