H1N1 shots...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, I just found out today i'm required to get the flu shot.

Anybody else getting them that doesnt want them and think its BS?

I understand wanting to have us all "mission ready", but i'm still strongly against that damn shot...

:poke:

blacksvtcobra97

Established Member
I was forced to get it as well. I'm not really happy about all of the different vaccines I've had put in my body over the past few months due to the Military. I just pray that down the road there are no side effects.

RussZTT

Established Member
The mother of my daughter took her to get hers without my knowledge. I wasn't to happy about it but nothing I can do now. Her mother is going to school to be a nurse so I hope she knows what she is doing...

THE_STIG

Established Member
I had to get one, my girlfriend did too since she is a nurse. They said "no side effects" bullshit, I felt like I got hit by a truck for two days after it.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
yep got mine today. Lets see how this "no side side effects" plays out over the next few days.

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
Ha, ive gotten 2 in last 2 months. My old unit failed to document it in my medical record and when I checked in here, they decided to give me another! I should be double good right, lol

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
we got ours on deployment...I was pissed but I gotta say I didn't get any side effects from it. None that I know of yet lol.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
I had no issues getting mine, i researched it before and it seems to be fine, They use the SAME techniques to make the H1N1 as they do to make seasonal strain shots. It is not like there is spme unknown substance ib it or anything. Look up H1N1 Myths online. then go listen to people spout out BS while waiting in line to get thiers :)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I got both, regular and H1N1 flu shots.. didn't feel anything from either of them.. just a slight prick as the needle penetrated my skin.. (no after effects at all)

FEARED

Established Member
I was diagnosed with the H1N1 a few months ago. And just recently my command recieved the h1n1 shots, mandatory shots. A little too late IMO.

tankerman1981

Established Member
i always love ppl complaining bout " side effect" because the H1N1 they are giving the military is a "dead virus" as in it is IMPOSSIBLE to have the usual "flu" like symptoms like you might get when you got the regular flu "mist" shot... I've had both flu shots and all i felt was the small prick when they gave me the shot..ha ha ha

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I didnt have any side affects or anything, Im fine as far as I can tell.

I just dont like the idea of vaccine's. Especially something like H1N1 that is nowhere near as big of a deal as the media made it seem. If it was something crazy that kills you within 24hrs of getting it and is extremely contagious, then I could understand it.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
I caught the swine flu after working out in the rain one day. Got bitched out by my NCOIC because I kept forgetting things the day after. Went to medical the day after that and it turns out I had a 103 fever.

Seven days of SIQ was great, considering I felt fine three days in.

FEARED

Established Member
I caught the swine flu after working out in the rain one day. Got bitched out by my NCOIC because I kept forgetting things the day after. Went to medical the day after that and it turns out I had a 103 fever.

Seven days of SIQ was great, considering I felt fine three days in.

7 days?? wow, they only gave me 3.

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
Got mine yesterday. I hate when they make shot like that madatory just like anthrax! H1N1 didnt hurt at all and as of right now no side effects....

Users who are viewing this thread