H20 induction-pics

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
This is what happens when you you take water in your motor. these are just the driver side pics, there is another one on the pass side.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Brutal. My buddy threw a rod out of his integra back in high school when he hydrolocked his engine. Bad news.

This is in the top 10 reasons I have a daily driver. My baby stays shiney, clean, and out of the elements.

Hope you get it taken care of quickly.

Jerrod

Established Member
I sucked up some water back when I had an AFM pipe with the filter just behind the bottom of the front fascia. Luckily my insurance bought me a nice new longblock.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
im rebuilding for a turbo, just didnt really plan for a new block. I guess i need to find out if the crank is fine and then go from there. I actually have a jeep for bad weather day, but I guess my brother didnt care about that

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Jerrod said:
I sucked up some water back when I had an AFM pipe with the filter just behind the bottom of the front fascia. Luckily my insurance bought me a nice new longblock.

How on earth did you talk your insurance into doing that? That's like putting a S/Cer on the car, blowing the motor and then asking them to pay for the rebuild...lol..

Seriously, I'm gonna start spashing through some DEEP puddles if thats the case...my JLT should suck up some water nicely then.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Bizarro said:
Seriously, I'm gonna start spashing through some DEEP puddles if thats the case...my JLT should suck up some water nicely then.

Apparently the trick is to go slow through deep puddles/flooded roads or else the tire wil splash the water away. on a side note, the JLT is pretty good at sucking up water

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
TheGord said:
Apparently the trick is to go slow through deep puddles/flooded roads or else the tire wil splash the water away. on a side note, the JLT is pretty good at sucking up water

lol....no, I know that....I was saying if my insurance would cover a new engine because I want blasting through some water and my CAI sucked it up.....I can find some puddles in order to get a forged bottom end...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Keep in mind, that if you're going through water deep enough for a JLT to suck water up, it's likely that you would have done so with the stock airbox and snorkle in place as well.

You would have to completely submerge the JLT filter to suck up enough water to cause the damage pictured above.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Torch10th said:
You would have to completely submerge the JLT filter to suck up enough water to cause the damage pictured above.

I know, I guess my sarcasim isn't coming over very well here. I'm more completely in awe that someone suposedly had their motor replaced by their insurance company the way it's stated above.

I've never heard of such a thing before....:shrug:

Last edited:

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Bizarro said:
I know, I guess my sarcasim isn't coming over very well here. I'm more completely in awe that someone suposedly had their motor replaced by their insurance company the way it's stated above.

I've never heard of such a thing before....:shrug:

A few people here have had the same thing happen. I think the insurance covered it under comprehensive since it's due to an "Act of God" instead of mechanical failure.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
DC97Cobra said:
A few people here have had the same thing happen. I think the insurance covered it under comprehensive since it's due to an "Act of God" instead of mechanical failure.

Well, crap....deep water and a forged big bore, here I come!!!

:rockon:

Obviously I'm joking....but IF it were to happen.... :D

lizardbreath

Banned
It can be covered under comprehensive insurance. Kind of like my car...I got hit by a sand storm heading up to las vegas and now I get my whole front end repainted by ford for 500$ under comprehensive insurance!

GOGO ALLSTATE!

Users who are viewing this thread