Ha ha stealerships

MEANSVT

Established Member
I literally laughed in the face of this lady trying to sell me a car the other day i was looking at a srt-4 caliber for my wife. for shit's and giggles i asked how much they would give me on my 2001 SVTL with 15,000 miles and it's in pristine condtion for trade in on a chrylsler 300 srt-8? She said 7,000 dollars is what they would give me at this point i laughed in her face and we left. :lol: What a joke. And they are hurting so bad but it's no wonder why they don't sell cars they had four srt-4 calibers they had been siting there for over year in fact the one we test drove's battery was completely dead since it was sitting so long. she said lots of other vehicle were dead to cause they had been sitting. maybe after it quits raining i'll go back over there and do a fat burn out in there parking lot.:burnout::lol: J/K

Last edited:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Nobody wants to buy trucks as much nowadays.
That goes for trade ins and new trucks.
Why would they offer more for a truck that will be sitting on the lot for a while?
I checked the prices on some new, unsold 2007 Ford HD F150's (w\saleen s\c) a couple of months ago.
Sticker was around $47k. They were asking $35k just to move them off the lot. They weren't moving.

MEANSVT

Established Member
Nobody wants to buy trucks as much nowadays.
That goes for trade ins and new trucks.
Why would they offer more for a truck that will be sitting on the lot for a while?
I checked the prices on some new, unsold 2007 Ford HD F150's (wsaleen sc) a couple of months ago.
Sticker was around $47k. They were asking $35k just to move them off the lot. They weren't moving.

Yeah i understand but 7,000 come on now that rediculous. This is not your everyday normal truck i believe they would be able to sell it no problem all it would take is someone who knew what they were looking at.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Yeah i understand but 7,000 come on now that rediculous. This is not your everyday normal truck i believe they would be able to sell it no problem all it would take is someone who knew what they were looking at.
If you want the highest price for your truck, you'll need to list it privately and be patient enough to wait until the right buyer comes along.
Dealerships only deal wholesale, not retail when they buy your trade-in.

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
Hahaha...Gotta love 'em. I took my '01 Jeep in to see what they would give me for a trade in and they told me $500. I about shot the salesman.

Banned
I was offered $15,500 from an Acura dealer. $14,000 from a Chrysler dealer for my 04L with 15K. The dealers are 20 miles apart.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
The dealerships are not going to give you anything near what your trade in is worth. Just for the fun of it I asked the dealership where I bought my truck three years ago what they would give me for my wife's 1992 Toyota Paseo that she bought new and they said $600. It's a five speed, get's mid thirty miles per gallon and runs like a top. I still use it to commute when the gas is $4.50 a gallon. There is no way I'd let it go for that, what a joke!
Like others have said, if you want to get what it's worth you need to sell it to a private party. Below is wash day for my truck and the Paseo - notice that I don't let my son wash the truck?

IMG_9843.gif

Oncebitten99'

Green & Mean
Established Member
Geez 7,000 is low. About a month ago i was gonna trade mine in on an 08 bullitt and they appraised mine and offered me 10,500 for it and its an 02 with 83,000 miles on it . I thought that was pretty good, but i decided to keep the truck.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member

I feel bad for you so I tell you what Im willing to do $7500 and I will even buy you a steak dinner :D

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
In my dinky town any time a lightning shows up on a dealers lot it is usually gone in a day or two so I don't know where they come off with such a low ball offer.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
man im glad i got rid of mine when i did. traded it in, in 2007(aug) 2004L with 30K on the clock and i got 23K

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If i got offered 15,500 i would probably be rolling a 300m srt-8 right now.there loss

If you were buying the 300 SRT8 they would have given you more money. Your looking at a cheap car so their profit is small. If you were buying a more expensive car they would give you more money for your trade in. At the end of the day they do not care what department the money comes from as long as it is there.

No dealer is going to give you fair value on a truck that is going to sit on their lot for months. IF you did trade your truck in they would more than likely wholesale it out regardless of how desirable we feel our trucks are.

It's just the wrong time to be looking to make money on selling anything with power that is seriously lacking on fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread