Had a nice run with an 05 GTO

Blue Blurr

Established Member
Well im pulling into the shopping center and coming out of the gas station is a grey 05 GTO i give it a little rev as i down shift ( as i usually do to make it smoother, but i did it a little louder this time :) ) Well anyways he follows me in the shopping center and does a first and second gear burn out, so i return it with a rev to the limiter. We go get some beer and you can hear him ripping up and down the street and screeching a bit. Well we go home drop off the stuff and say heck might as well go find him see what he has to say. We drive around and sure enough he goes by the other way, we flip a u-turn and catch up and he revs it till it bounces. Then i hear a couple other rev's and look at theres a dropped vert' 05 GT. Anyways we drive in traffic he does a couple crazy traffic moves i just sit there ( not worth the risk ) And finally we have an opening, hes about 2-3 cars ahead but we both gas it at the same time, ever so slightly im gaining not by much at all though i was supprised. well we both shut it down im going past him slow and he doesnt even look over, there another opening so i gas it and hes pretty close behind me but as we start coming down the hill im pulling ahead and i go in a merge lane he follows eventually but im already like 3-4 cars ahead. I wouldnt call it a kill because both races were unfair we never started next to each other, or from a stop. I think ide take him from a stop with the DR's and all. Im not much of a street racer type guy, i asked him if he would like to hit up the local track, well see what he says. Either way those are pretty fast stock and they dont look to bad either. Oh haha i was also in an 01' 1.7KB'd Saleen. Maybe 400rwhp for now... Untill the new motor and 14psi w/ race gas tune :banana:

I found this on the GTO forum, i guess i got killed :shrug:

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30246

delmarsteelers

Established Member
Nice story, don't know if we have a true winner. That was cool that you went to their forum and addressed the guy on the races, because he kinda had another story. I was waiting to see his reponse to you. I wish I could have the chance to race one.

Blue Blurr

Established Member
Yea we will have to see if hes a nice guy, or a ricer. His response will tell us for sure, heh. Once again i am suprised at how fast those are, but then again there what a 6.1 liter?

earl lee

Established Member
Blue Blurr said:
Yea we will have to see if hes a nice guy, or a ricer. His response will tell us for sure, heh. Once again i am suprised at how fast those are, but then again there what a 6.1 liter?

6.0 liter LS2 pumping out 400/400 hp/torque.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
looks like you really could'nt get a good feel for who would pull who. i can't to pull along side one in my 03 cobra andgive it a GO!!

JDsfastGN

Established Member
its always great when both post stories on separate boards. hopefully he is cool like most car guys are. I've been looking over there today to see if anybody posted getting pulled by an 05 GT. My roomate just got an 05 GT auto and we ran an auto 04 GTO real quick yesterday from a 65ish roll and were barely inching him. Anyways good run with the GTO man. Sounds like a mean Saleen

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice story. I wonder what kind of monsters those GTO's could become if a supercharger was added to them? I'm still waiting to run one but I've only seen a half a dozen in the past year.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Regardless of who woulda won, a GTO still looks like a Chevy Cavalier. I was leaving the golf course yesterday afternoon and saw what I thought was a yellow GTO from the rear in the parking lot. As I pulled behind it, sure enough it was a Cavalier. Just proved my point to myself!

Kenny H

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
Regardless of who woulda won, a GTO still looks like a Chevy Cavalier. I was leaving the golf course yesterday afternoon and saw what I thought was a yellow GTO from the rear in the parking lot. As I pulled behind it, sure enough it was a Cavalier. Just proved my point to myself!

Thats great. And your Cobra looks like every other Mustang made from '94-'04....

Darkblade

Thread Killer
Established Member
Kenny H said:
Thats great. And your Cobra looks like every other Mustang made from '94-'04....

yea, but cav's and Gto are 2 different cars, AND makes! IMHO What pontiac has done with their cars sucks. Using the same grill pattern just makes things look alike. I have probs telling the diff. between a GP and a bonn.

Well, at least a Cobra looks like a Cobra.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Kenny H said:
I'll buy '99-up, but not '94...

P.S. I like how your GT is "slow but mint", and almost identical numbers to your LS1 GTO. Guess the new Pontiac is "mint" as well, lol :thumbsup:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Kenny H said:
No my Cobra looks like other Mustangs made from 94-98, but at least it doesn't look like a Ford Tempo!

Users who are viewing this thread