Had a WS6 for brunch today

Venom2001

Established Member
Well guys, I finally got my chance to go up againts a moded WS6 today after mailing my tax docs. We were both lined up in a turning lane and he was infront of me with only 1 car ahead of us. The light turns green and we both do our left turn onto the hwy. I thought this guy was going to wait up for me so that we can start from a roll side by side...wrong. He steps on it hard so now I had to play catch up. Well, it took some power shifting around 6300-6500 to catch his a$$. We were finally side by side at 110 and he has this blank look on his face :eek: because he didn't think I was going to catch him. I then shifted into 4th and pulled on his a$$ strong...and the snake just kept pulling. I finally shut her down around 140 (I had about 6 car lenths on him) or so because my turning lane was coming up. We lined up again and I gave him a thumbs up....and this guy begs for another race.
On a sad note.......I still have detonation when I power shifted between 2nd and 3rd :(

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Good Job! I've gotten the same look from a '00 SS M6 owner when I went fender-to-fender with him from a stop to 80...:-D

SNK BITN

Established Member
Nice kill, but don't race with detonation man. You playing with fire. I hope you get that sorted out soon so you can add to the kill list :thumbsup:

Venom2001

Established Member
I hear you SNK, but I couldn't refuse the challenge. I just haven't had the detonation sound in a long time so I thought it went away when I went with the O/R X. I just don't want to take the snake in yet until I hear back from the other fellow pingers that they didn't loose HP's after the fix from the dealer.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake

Ol' Jimbo's runnin stock 3.27's.....as he's quick to point out, right?
You would pick the day after I left for a Vegas/L.A. vacation to make that point, Ham...:-D:-D:-D

P.S. Saw some cool rides (including a Diablo) in Hollywood. I'll post some pics in Roadside this weekend...:-D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
You would pick the day after I left for a Vegas/L.A. vacation to make that point, Ham...:-D:-D:-D

LOL

P.S. Saw some cool rides (including a Diablo) in Hollywood. I'll post some pics in Roadside this weekend...:-D

Bastard, I love Diablos.....

and you can only "bark" in third? man you'd be jealous ridin in mine......(chirping as I powershift fourth)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
and you can only "bark" in third? man you'd be jealous ridin in mine......(chirping as I powershift fourth)
Let's hook up in the middle of June (my order was pulled and a Sonic Blue '03 will be built the week of May 20...should be here by mid June) :-D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Let's hook up in the middle of June (my order was pulled and a Sonic Blue '03 will be built the week of May 20...should be here by mid June) :-D

you know how bad I would cream my pants after riding in one of those.....I'd love to hook up just to hang out and talk shop.

max

Established Member
Blue 98, when you get the '03 I want to hook up at RCR. I'd love to just ride in the pits in that car.
later,
Max

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by max
Blue 98, when you get the '03 I want to hook up at RCR. I'd love to just ride in the pits in that car.
later,
Max
Done. :-D I'll be at Burgers-n-Brews the first Friday night it's in my posession...

blackfang

Established Member
Sorry gang, and not to ruin the fun, but i call bullshit!! A cobra with those mods should not even beat a stock WS6 by 6 carlengths , let alone a modded one. I am not flaming you, just saying i doubt it. My g/f has a stock Z28 and has whooped the shit out of a 98 cobra, and a 2001 cobra with similar mods.2001 cobra 320 add about another25 for your CAI, and catted x compared to a stock WS6 340-360, then modd a WS6...sorry not a 6 car lentgh difference. I have driven an SS, WS6, Firehawk, ownded a 99 Cobra, and my 97 Cobra.

phil.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Sorry gang, and not to ruin the fun, but i call bullshit!! A cobra with those mods should not even beat a stock WS6 by 6 carlengths , let alone a modded one. I am not flaming you, just saying i doubt it. My g/f has a stock Z28 and has whooped the shit out of a 98 cobra, and a 2001 cobra with similar mods.2001 cobra 320 add about another25 for your CAI, and catted x compared to a stock WS6 340-360, then modd a WS6...sorry not a 6 car lentgh difference. I have driven an SS, WS6, Firehawk, ownded a 99 Cobra, and my 97 Cobra.

:rollseyes It's called bad driving,look into it.

blackfang

Established Member
Not even bad driving can make you lose that much, christ it is a straight line, especially when you are making a considerable amount of more power. What i find odd, a Cobra with 4.10's at 110 mph in 3rd gear???? I can damn near do that in my 3.27's. Plus he had a head start. I still call BS. Even a few fellow Mustang Buds i spoke with agree.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by blackfang
compared to a stock WS6 340-360, then modd a WS6...sorry not a 6 car lentgh difference. I have driven an SS, WS6, Firehawk, ownded a 99 Cobra, and my 97 Cobra.
Here we go again with the 12.9 bone stock LS1, 330RWHP thread...

I have driven/ridden in '99 Ram Air M6, '00 Ram Air A4, '99 T/A M6. I raced a '00 SS M6 (see above). My buddy with the A4 '00 WS6 thinks my car is faster (butt-o-meter). Any good running 2001 Cobra with CAI, 4.10s and pulleys will spank a stock LS1 F-body, without a doubt. I'm only relating to real world experiences in San Antonio, Texas...

Thank you for your consideration, on this matter.

blackfang

Established Member
Not spank. I am relating on doing it, and being on the receiving end, and the real world. A 2001 cobra with just pulleys, CAI, and 4.10's will not spank a stock WS6. Not likely.He sure as hell will not spank a modded one. Some Cobra owners are niave enough tho think those mods alone will be enough to spank a stock LS1. Not the case. However this LS1 was not stock. He said so himself. He also had a headstart. Just stating the facts on the LS1 Vs Cobra. It is no contest. Not even with those mods, and especially not from a highway roll.

Users who are viewing this thread