Had One for a Rental

andymarkv

Established Member
IMG_8687.jpeg

Had this for a rental for a week & a half.
It was a low end rental spec Big Bend edition. It actually wasn’t bad. The 1.5eco was semi- adequate, but I’d definitely opt for a 2.0 if I had to own one. The only benefit of the 1.5 is the gauge reported 30mpg(I didn’t hand calculate it) and that was nice since fuel was $5.75/gal around the Yosemite area.
The greenhouse was great looking forward without intrusive A pillars, looking over your shoulder there is some blind spots, but the blind spot sensors seemed to work well.
The seats and seating position was great for me! (Definitely truck like vs car like) Drove it quite a lot without fatigue.
It was interesting to have something with a very prominent hood! Reminded me of the hoods from the 70’s & 80’s. It was always in view, but not in a bad way.

I always thought these looked a little goofy with the tiny tires…but that is probably where some of the MPG’s come from.
I’d consider a 2.0 Bronco Sport with 1.3” & 245/70/17 all terrains for the wife’s daily

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
IMG_8944.jpeg

I’m sort of surprised Ford hasn’t released something like this already. Most of the other car companies have an “off-roady” version of their crossover SUVs and they seem to be selling well. Even if they’re just used for a scary trip to WholeFoods or some shit…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread