Had to say goodbye to an old friend today.

texaswrx

Established Member
Yep, another one of those threads. I realized today that 14 years is a damn long time to have a dog. She was adopted from the Humane Society in 1999. She was my wifes dog, and our second Australian Shepherd. The short of it, she became ill a few weeks ago, but it passed, only to come back worse. I had to make a decision to not be selfish and keep her alive. She had lost her hearing about a year ago, but was fine. She had a good life as indoor dog, and traveled to few different states,the beach, snow,etc. My wife and I stayed with her the whole time. It was very hard, I'm not going to lie. We chose to have her cremated and receive her ashes. There is a park nearby that we always played frisbee in. That is where we will take them. Thanks for looking. Take care.
About a year ago
dogs2.jpg

9 years ago with my son.
Aidan238.jpg

aidan91604012.jpg

Last edited:

fangin2u

Established Member
Hard to let them go. I have a 15 year old Rat Terrier that I've had since a puppy that I have to put down in January. Kids and dogs are a great combo.

May93

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your dog. I have a 15 year old boxer and I feel his time is quickly coming to a end. It's sad just thinking of it.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Sad to hear it. Looks like she was a great dog and you gave her a great life.

slidai

Established Member
As an animal lover, these are always tough to read. Essentially you lost a family member and that's no joke.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. Nice tribute to dispose of the ashes in the park.

Almost nothing beats a good dog. Always happy to see you. Wish that same attitude could be passed onto humans.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. It is never an easy task. A few years ago my family had to put down our dog. We had her for 18 years. We got her from a pound and think she was closer to 19-20 years old. She had two strokes. First one the doctor said dont worry, she would get better and she did. Second stroke was a year later and she never recovered so we had to put her down.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sad to hear. I had a cat die 10yrs ago that hit me real hard. One of my cats I have now Scooby, is 10. I dread thinking about having to put him down. My animals are like my 2nd children although until my son was born, he was my 1st child. My 4yr old son loves him too and Scooby takes all the hell my son gives him and comes back for more. Even sleeps with him while he takes a nap.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. I've been right there as our family's GSD was put down so I know the feeling. The amount of emotion that can be had from losing a pet is just crazy. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread