Haha wasted an m3 today

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
I was driving the 03 and my brother was driving the 96. We were doing about 75 in the fast lane on the freeway. No traffic but we werent driving like idiots, anyway. I see a silver e36 m3 speeding to catch us. The guy flies by and gets right in front of me. I STAY IN 6TH GEAR and I see the tell-tale puff of smoke from his tailpipes and he takes off. Again, I'm in 6th gear and I don't even floor it. I stay at about 3/4 throttle and I'm glued to his bumper up to about 120, and I see that the mystic is right behind me as well. The m3 finally pulls aside and we both fly past him and he waves and smiles.

The best part: when we got to our destination, I was about to say that I didnt even downshift on the m3 but before I got the chance, my brother goes, "dude, I left it in 5th during that race!"

Then I told him I was in 6th and we both had a good laugh...after that I realized his car is making 240hp at the crank and I have more than double that at the wheels... :burnout: :-D

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
What yr was it? lol my friend thinks M3's and M5's will waste mustangs he has another thing coming..luv hearing these stories :rockon:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
JerZeyFive-O said:
What yr was it? lol my friend thinks M3's and M5's will waste mustangs he has another thing coming..luv hearing these stories :rockon:

yeah i love hearing m3's and m5's beating stock 5.0's...I'd even like to see one of those line up with dude's cobra or my stroker from a dig...good try to rice the situation out

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
e36 m3's are the older 3 series body style. the e36 was 92 to 99 i believe but the m3's didn't come till 95. those m3's came with 240 at the crank, the e46 m3's have 333 at the crank.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
JerZeyFive-O said:

Hmm...m5s are ****ing fast. When I had my Supercharged 2000 GT making 341rwhp, I raced 2 m5s and couldnt pull on either...and that GT would walk stock C5s

The NEW m3s are pretty quick too...nothing for a modded 03 cobra, but they can definitely hold their own against most all other stangs.

The 240hp m3s aren't slow but they are good matchups for 94-04 GTs

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
jordan0806 said:
yeah i love hearing m3's and m5's beating stock 5.0's...I'd even like to see one of those line up with dude's cobra or my stroker from a dig...good try to rice the situation out

man wtf is up ur ass...its my opinion so live it with it...were on a damn mustang site for god sakes i hate peoplel like that.. :shrug: :fm: :cuss: :mj: It sounds like your more or a bmw fan then a mustang fan go join a bmw forum then..and me ricing the situation out?? Im giving him props for destroying that M3 so what? :cuss:

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
Hmm...m5s are ****ing fast. When I had my Supercharged 2000 GT making 341rwhp, I raced 2 m5s and couldnt pull on either...and that GT would walk stock C5s

The NEW m3s are pretty quick too...nothing for a modded 03 cobra, but they can definitely hold their own against most all other stangs.

The 240hp m3s aren't slow but they are good matchups for 94-04 GTs

Yeah i totally understand man..its just that my friend has a huge ego on BMW's and rubs it in my face, but when i talk about having a KB Cobra he shuts up lol.But none the less they are very sweet cars.... :D

Last edited:

00GT

Banned
JerZeyFive-O said:

Here's one for you then. My bud has an '01 BMW M3 with the 333 horse motor and a stick shift. He has gears in the rear. I've never lost to him! I beat him by at least 5-10 cars 5 times in a row! Probably because he can't drive that well and he had his traction control off. He also hits the rev limiter often. People kept coming up to my car at the drag strip trying to look under my hood to find out what I had done to keep owning the Bimmer! Great night!

caz713

Established Member
00GT said:
Here's one for you then. My bud has an '01 BMW M3 with the 333 horse motor and a stick shift. He has gears in the rear. I've never lost to him! I beat him by at least 5-10 cars 5 times in a row! Probably because he can't drive that well and he had his traction control off. He also hits the rev limiter often. People kept coming up to my car at the drag strip trying to look under my hood to find out what I had done to keep owning the Bimmer! Great night!

Out of curiosity, what mods do you have? I've only had my 02 M3 for a few weeks so I haven't had any runs w/ any form of Mustang... I'm looking forward to it because I've been a fan of them since I got my 98 V6 about four years ago :beer: I don't imagine having too much trouble w/ the sn95 GTs however.

The e36 Ms aren't the fastest car on the road (especially next to an 03/04 Cobra), but they are a blast to drive :rockon:

Last edited:

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
caz713 said:
Out of curiosity, what mods do you have? I've only had my 02 M3 for a few weeks so I haven't had any runs w/ any form of Mustang... I'm looking forward to it because I've been a fan of them since I got my 98 V6 about four years ago :beer:

The e36 Ms aren't the fastest car on the road (especially next to an 03/04 Cobra), but they are a blast to drive nonetheless.

Yea, when I had my 2000 GT with bolt ons (before the blower) I lost to a couple e46 m3s

In my 99 z28 w/lid and exhaust, however, I pulled on m3s hard.

Beautiful cars, though...I'd have one if I could afford it. :coolman:

caz713

Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
Yea, when I had my 2000 GT with bolt ons (before the blower) I lost to a couple e46 m3s

In my 99 z28 w/lid and exhaust, however, I pulled on m3s hard.

Beautiful cars, though...I'd have one if I could afford it. :coolman:

Yeah, I love every second I spend in the M3. It is an amazing machine... I really envy the affordable modability of Mustangs though. Mods for the M3 are super expensive and the hp gains aren't really wort the money IMO.

Speaking of LS1s, I'm planning to go to the strip in a few weeks with a bunch of fbody guys, I don't expect to fair too well against them. It's all in good fun though :thumbsup:

Hye

Established Member
My buddy has a 95 M3 and man that car is really fun to drive, take turns extremely aggressively, car just feels planted to the ground. even a stock 03/04 cobra will put the beating down badly on a e36, but man do those cars ever just feel planted to the ground compared to my basically stock suspension slobra, his M is all stock as well, except for an intake.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
caz713 said:
Yeah, I love every second I spend in the M3. It is an amazing machine... I really envy the affordable modability of Mustangs though. Mods for the M3 are super expensive and the hp gains aren't really wort the money IMO.

Speaking of LS1s, I'm planning to go to the strip in a few weeks with a bunch of fbody guys, I don't expect to fair too well against them. It's all in good fun though :thumbsup:

Yea, I absolutely loved my z28 but the styling was just so plain and maybe even ugly...LOL

I couldnt stand it...so I sold it and bought an MKIV supra TT. That was a fun car too, and the styling was great, but when you're not in boost it feels like a damn camry...and like the m3, mods are expensive!!

So now I'm back in the mustang game. :beer:

Enjoy your M3 and just don't worry about modding it...they're great cars as they sit!

00GT

Banned
caz713 said:
Out of curiosity, what mods do you have? I've only had my 02 M3 for a few weeks so I haven't had any runs w/ any form of Mustang... I'm looking forward to it because I've been a fan of them since I got my 98 V6 about four years ago :beer: I don't imagine having too much trouble w/ the sn95 GTs however.

The e36 Ms aren't the fastest car on the road (especially next to an 03/04 Cobra), but they are a blast to drive :rockon:

You can scroll up to see people's mods. This board only shows the signature the first time someone posts on each new thread. Here is my sig.:

'00 Mustang GT, 5-speed.
DRs, 3.73s, cai, plenum, cat back, tuner, syn. oils, pulleys, weight reduction, 13.29 @ 104.0.

I probably won because he can't drive well, yet. We have a re-match in August. I will post the results. It should be a good race if he and learn to drive that thing! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread