Hal shocks

a94cobra

Established Member
To anyone who has purchased the HAL shocks. Where did you get them and did you get the 9/16" ID lower mount bushing as per Joe Lynch's instructions on his web site? Or did they change the 03 setup to not need them?

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
When we did our shock testing for wheel hop the Hal's made it even worst. Hermann thought he lost his fillings. The Hal front struts work great on these cars.

Rick

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by hawkls1
so does your anti hop kit firm up or down the ride
The AR/HBH anti-hop shocks that I have are not as firm as the stock shocks, even on full stiff. The compression is fairly soft and the rebound is firm.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
Do the AR shocks need the lower bushing as well?
You mean the rear subframe ones? I just have the shocks on mine. I will probably get around to doing the rear subframe bushings too, eventually.

a94cobra

Established Member
No on Joe Lynch's page, he said the HAL shocks can be used but that there is a special 9/16" ID lower mount bushing that holds the bottom of the shock to the IRS. This is needed for clearance. My question is whether the 03 IRS is different and doesn't need this spacer or whether the spacer comes with the shocks? Also does the AR shock use this spacer or is the shock of smaller design and doesn't need it?

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/HalRear.html This is the page I am referring to.

a94cobra

Established Member
So the AR shocks come with a spacer.

You also say they are not as firm as the stock units. I thought that was the purpose, to firm them up so there would be less load and preload preventing the hop.

Users who are viewing this thread