Half Shaft BYE!!BYE!!

Bobby Adams

Established Member
Well fellas I just wanted to say that I missed seeing everyone today, but man I am sick as a dog. Anyway as you are all aware my Father-in-Law Tony brought the car and was gonna try an all out BONSI 11 sec or bust run before the weather came and BOOM, right back half shaft let go at the x-mas tree. We had been hearing a creaking like sound from the back right side sometimes when backing up and turning. Maybe the shaft was getting bad and the Nitto's give it the KO. Dont know for sure but its going in the shop tommorrow. New shaft, shafts, new rear, I will let you all know what they plan on doing.
I cant say I'm all that suprised that it broke, we all know it is the weak point when drag racing. I'm not mad or anything about it, I guess it was just waiting to happen. I am just sorry that I could'nt be there to do it myself Hee Hee.
Solid 8.8 is in the works and has been for about 2 weeks. Still gonna get the rear repaired before we do it though. Not sure on the time line with the 8.8 replacement. I think we are gonna find one and then have it gone through with some good pieces; 31-33 spline axles, Auburn Pro. or better. I will keep you posted. You guys are my Bros. wish me luck at the dealer!!!!!!!!

SVT 03 Cobra

hella luck Bobby.... take those nitto's off.... and the pully too... oh and so you know, if it hadn't broke it would have been mid 11's... he lauched hard... I was right behind him.... that car jumped.... get it put back together, and bring it to dyno on the 22nd man!

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
Welcome to the club. I've been looking for an 8.8 ever since mine broke but I haven't found one.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Bobby, I hope you feel better......the flu is a killer. I am just getting over it myself. I may see your car at the shop. I am bringing mine in for the IRS swap on Wednesday. I will keep an eye out for a 8.8. I think I have a friend that has one, will let you know.

Bobby Adams

Established Member
Well, brought it to the dealer on Monday evening. They said they was going to take a look at the other half shaft along with the pumpkin and internals and the drive shaft. They also said that they would have the parts over night and that it would be ready Tues. evening or Wednesday. I have not found out if it was ready for pick up today or not as I am still sick as a dog. I will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread