Half shaft Install directions?????

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I got my new DSS level 5 half shafts last week and was going to install them, but no directions???? I imagine I could figure it out want a little light on the subject of installing them to make it easier. Any help or pointer would be great....

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Go to this page for instructions on removing the stock half-shafts.
Joe Lynch pumpkin/half-shaft page

You will have to completely remove the 'knuckles' from the car. You will have to remove the brake calipers and the rear discs to get the knuckles off. Before removing the bolt that holds the upper control arm to the knuckle, mark it with a dab of paint to so that you can generally get it back in the same position. This bolt is used to set the rear wheel camber on the IRS and marking it will help you to get it somewhat correct when reinstalling the knuckles. You should get a 4-wheel alignment when finished with the job, regardless.
You have to take the knuckles to a machine shop and get the old hubs pressed out and the new, DSS lvl 5 hubs pressed in. This is not an exotic task and you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. Most Autozone, et al, stores can probably direct you to one.

Users who are viewing this thread