half shaft tink = stripped spline?

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
has there been instances of actual spline/halfshaft failure due to the "tink" noise, or is it just a noise issue. Last I heard from my thread searches, Ford stopped replacing the halfshafts with the "tink"...

when you still have the tink after the axle nuts are torqued down, does it mean the spline on the half shaft/hub are stripped? or could it be a CV issue like someone mentioned in one of the old threads?

I figure this would get better response here then when I asked at the new edge forum

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I had the tink in both axles and got them replaced 1 month ago so I dont know anything about them not replacing the halfshafts. If thats the case its the dealer not ford that is refusing. I would tell them I dont care if it is a noise or a failure I want them replaced it has a warranty so honor it.

grnenvy

Established Member
hmm

I had two sets of factory axles in my car due to the click noise. The only thing that fixed the noise was to replace the axles with a set of DSS axles. It's all fixed now and they have been in there for almost a year now.
Good luck

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
TTT

so should I live with the tink or fix it?
the noise doesnt bother me all that much, but if its about to fail I'm obviously going to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread